What to eat with a bacon sandwich?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: What to eat with a bacon sandwich?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
15-05-2017, 07:48 PM
(15-05-2017 07:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

Totally where I first got the idea. Except I kept the bacon, making it an MBLT.

Best. Sandwich. Ever.

(After the muffaletta, the gyro-meat Philly cheesesteak, and the fried shrimp po-boy, of course. So, 4th. Best. Sandwich.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
15-05-2017, 08:24 PM
(15-05-2017 08:18 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Who wants my bacon? Tongue I'll just have a tomato, lettuce sandwich with Vegenaise. Wink

When I was in college I had a roommate who was a vegetarian and even SHE loved the smell of bacon. She said bacon was the hardest thing to give up. It wasn't hamburgers or hotdogs or steak....it was bacon that she still pined for. My other roommate and I would fry up bacon and drive the poor girl nuts. One time I'm pretty sure she snuck some. Either that or a big mouse took off with a couple strips of bacon. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-05-2017, 08:47 PM
(15-05-2017 08:18 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Who wants my bacon? Tongue I'll just have a tomato, lettuce sandwich with Vegenaise. Wink

There's a veg*n sandwich shop in Montreal that I've probably mentioned a few times before that makes a toasted coconut flakes based BLT wrap that I'd take over a conventional BLT any day. It's freaking amazing.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
15-05-2017, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2017 09:21 PM by jennybee.)
(15-05-2017 08:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

When I was in college I had a roommate who was a vegetarian and even SHE loved the smell of bacon. She said bacon was the hardest thing to give up. It wasn't hamburgers or hotdogs or steak....it was bacon that she still pined for. My other roommate and I would fry up bacon and drive the poor girl nuts. One time I'm pretty sure she snuck some. Either that or a big mouse took off with a couple strips of bacon. Laugh out load

I never liked bacon or meats of any kind (sorry OP Wink ). Luckily, my Drooling foods are all vegan to begin with--guacamole and tortilla chips and chocolate cupcakes from a vegan bakery. I also love Indian food and it was my favorite food before going full on vegan, so the transition for me was easy since I was pretty much eating that way any way. But I do know some vegans who do enjoy the taste of meat, but are vegan anyway, so I can see how your friend may have still had a craving for bacon Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
15-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Hmm...I don't really eat bacon but...if making a sandwich with it I would first use toasted seedy bread, some sliced cherry tomatoes, a heap of leafy red romaine, sliced red onions, a thin slice of swiss cheese, and a small amount of garlic aioli sauce.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
15-05-2017, 09:20 PM
(15-05-2017 08:47 PM)yakherder Wrote:  

There's a veg*n sandwich shop in Montreal that I've probably mentioned a few times before that makes a toasted coconut flakes based BLT wrap that I'd take over a conventional BLT any day. It's freaking amazing.

I remember you mentioning it before in the food thread and each time you do it makes me want to go on a road trip to Montreal just to try it Drooling

Is it weird that I base my vacations around food? Hobo Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
15-05-2017, 09:40 PM
(15-05-2017 09:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 08:47 PM)yakherder Wrote:  There's a veg*n sandwich shop in Montreal that I've probably mentioned a few times before that makes a toasted coconut flakes based BLT wrap that I'd take over a conventional BLT any day. It's freaking amazing.

I remember you mentioning it before in the food thread and each time you do it makes me want to go on a road trip to Montreal just to try it Drooling

Not at all. Food tourism is way more memorable than staring at random buildings or statues. One time I flew from Hangzhou to Chengdu on a day off just to go to a restaurant I had a craving for, then flew right back. Total meal cost: About $300 for the round trip airplane ticket and $20 for Sichuan hot pot for 3 people.

Taiwan, Thailand, and India are worth going to just for the vegetarian tourism.
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
16-05-2017, 06:03 AM
(15-05-2017 09:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 08:47 PM)yakherder Wrote:  There's a veg*n sandwich shop in Montreal that I've probably mentioned a few times before that makes a toasted coconut flakes based BLT wrap that I'd take over a conventional BLT any day. It's freaking amazing.

That's a funny question, to a Cajun. While there are some cool things to see and do in Louisiana... food is really the only legit reason to come visit us. But it's a TOTALLY legit reason to go to south Louisiana. Not sure we can help out much with vegan stuff, though. Everything Cajuns make starts with, "saute the garlic, onions, and peppers in butter..."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-05-2017, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2017 07:45 AM by jennybee.)
(16-05-2017 06:03 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 09:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I remember you mentioning it before in the food thread and each time you do it makes me want to go on a road trip to Montreal just to try it Drooling

That's a funny question, to a Cajun. While there are some cool things to see and do in Louisiana... food is really the only legit reason to come visit us. But it's a TOTALLY legit reason to go to south Louisiana. Not sure we can help out much with vegan stuff, though. Everything Cajuns make starts with, "saute the garlic, onions, and peppers in butter..."

Yeah, my boyfriend loves New Orleans (mostly for the food Wink ), whereas I'm more of a Vegas girl-in terms of quick trips somewhere. But I can usually find something to eat at any place we go, I'm pretty creative Tongue I've also done the grocery run thing and then had a picnic somewhere. And luckily, we usually find some little hole in the wall vegan (or ethnic) restaurant somewhere so I can get some yummy eats too. So I basically go where my meat eater boyfriend wants for a meal and then we go somewhere I want and just alternate from there.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post