What toothpaste/mouthwashes do you guys use?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2014, 09:45 AM
RE: What toothpaste/mouthwashes do you guys use?
Sensodyne in the morning, Aim at night.

Have some fucking variety, you people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
09-10-2014, 11:51 AM
(21-09-2014 10:48 AM)kim Wrote:  
Quote:Streptococcus mutans is an animal parasite, especially for animals that have a high carbohydrate (sucrose, fructose, and glucose)diet and is well known as primitive causative agent of dental caries in humans. When food containing carbohydrates is consumed, S. mutans interacts with it and produces acids that cause mineral loss in teeth. The tooth cavity is the result of this mineral loss and can eventually destroy the whole tooth.
---
Quote:Probiotics may play a role as antagonistic agent on mutans streptococci (MS), acidogenic/aciduric bacteria that contributes to the caries process. In two-thirds of the selected papers, probiotics have demonstrated the capacity to reduce MS counts in saliva and/or plaque in short-term.

Cut down on sugar, brush with a fluoride paste after eating, rinse mouth (do not swallow) with a mineral water or even table salt water, use original Listerine (the shitty yellow kind-no flavors) a couple of times a week or peroxide to put a further dent in destructive bacteria. Don't forget to floss. And while you're brushing, don't forget to brush that tongue - a shit load of bacteria are riding on that spongy thing! Keep a metal spoon handy to scrape the tongue if you don't want to mess with brushing ... scraping & rinsing it can be quicker.

Also, a couple of spoonfuls of plain yogurt in the morning before regular breakfast food may provide some added protection. If you can't do yogurt, then pill form probiotics might eventually create a stronger flora in the body. But it's the immediate environment of the mouth that need the benefit of the "good bacteria" surrounding the teeth.

It's all about internal environment - your personal biosphere. By the way, probiotics might also help with acid reflux although, the following paper is only about probiotics and Streptococcus mutans. Shy

http://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/5/7/2530/pdf

I have one of those tongue scrapers that you buy at the store, I try to use it daily. I will have to look into the probiotics, I hear about them all time and it seems like they are pretty much recommended for everything.
09-10-2014, 11:55 AM
[Update] I've started using the Colgate replenish & polish enamel health for sensitivity toothpaste twice daily, and the pronamel whitening one maybe once a week or so. As for the mouthwash, I got the Colgate Total flouride mouthwash that I only use when I have really bad breath...like when I eat onions or garlic. So far so good, no sores, bleeding, or staining. As for my enamel health, still don't know. I haven't been to the dentist to find out about that.
10-10-2014, 12:35 AM
I floss like a mother F-er. Then I use sensodyne because my dentist told me I scrub too much and I am wearing away my enamel. So now I am gentle and circular motioned on my teeth, but I still scrub the life out of my gums and tongue, also the roof of my mouth. Sugar bugs will not live in my mouth, they will die.
10-10-2014, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 12:46 AM by Free Thought.)
I use Colgate...

Unfortunately I often forget to brush, a consequence of several years of not brushing my teeth. Now my back molars are... let's just go with 'a dentists playground'. Interestingly enough, this is not really true for the back left set, only the back right.

... Don't forget to brush, kids.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Crest 3D whitening and that purple crest stuff for mouthwash.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
12-10-2014, 01:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 02:58 AM by CarlyRoxanne.)
Crest.