What type of person would you trust with godly powers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 03:24 AM
Question RE: What type of person would you trust with godly powers?
I'm curious though, what leads to corruption? Would it be possible to have absolute power, and use it to remove your own deficiencies, thus stopping you from falling into corruption and abusing your powers?

While the old adage "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" is a well reasoned statement, it is inherently anthropomorphic. We've only ever used that concept in relation to other humans or human constructs, such as angels, demons, spirits, or gods.

If for example the source of corruption is just wants and desire, humans seem to have an evolutionary drive to fulfill their desires at the expense of others. The more power one has to exert their will over others, the greater the abuse of power. But if you where able to satiate or rid yourself of all wants and desires without causing any harm or suffering, would that truly lead to corruption? I don't know, I find it hard grasp such a psyche, because it is so fundamentally not human.

Huh

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What type of person would you trust with godly powers? - EvolutionKills - 17-01-2013 03:24 AM