What type of video games do you prefer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 11:08 AM
RE: What type of video games do you prefer
Turn-based RPG's and JRPG's, like the Final Fantasy games, the original Xenogears, and Chrono Trigger
RPG's like Fallout and Skyrim.
A few FPS's and FPS/RPG's like Borderlands
Action/Adventure
Been into Minecraft for a while, and I've been playing GTAV a bit lately
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Action/adventure, survival horror, puzzle games. One player games more than multiplayer.
Silent Hill, [early] Resident Evil, Tetris, Tomb Raider.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
06-11-2013, 01:58 PM
I tend to gravitate to MMOs as I lose interest in most single player games in about 2 weeks. Also I like to focus on the PvE parts, but do sometimes stray into the PvP.

Right now I'm playing Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Minecraft when I'm bored and on my school computer (core i5 Tablet)

I've been known to play games like Monster Hunter, old Squaresoft games (not square-enix, as they have yet to make a game I like), Harvest Moon, SimCity, Mass Effect, and The Sims (for science!).
06-11-2013, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 02:53 PM by Free Thought.)
(06-11-2013 01:03 AM)Chazz Wrote:  I am usually into adventure type of games, the cozy warm feeling of going into a adventure world in a 3D world. Can also be 2D, but mostly 3D.

How about you, what type of games do you like?

I'm a fan of shooters and strategy games, personally I can't really stand slow-paced games; they literally make me tired with boredom (I tried to play Ocarina of Time and almost went to sleep...).

Problem is, as much as I like them; I generally suck at RTS games, I'm horrible at timing attacks and are generally slow. Shooters I fair a little better against humans and high-level AI but not much so.

Overall though I'll play most things (I like Fallout 3/NV which isn't hyper fast and love Rome/Empire Total War for example) but if it's too slow I wont enjoy it, even if I try to...

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
06-11-2013, 04:27 PM
I love catchy RPGS, and adventurous first person shooters. Role play elements made the games I practically grew up on: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. With first persons, CoD and Halo are too repetitive for me. I used to be a big Halo fan, but I couldn't connect with it well. Borderlands is one of my favorite first person shooters, and Bioshock is stunning if you can get into it- a lot of people just skip the first two games and play Infinite. Borderlands is a classic, but with a slow start. Borderlands 2 sucks you straight into amazing game play.

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
06-11-2013, 04:47 PM
(06-11-2013 07:32 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Then maybe you should try some of the early Ultima Games. Just not 8 and 9.
Thanks for the recommendation. Although it looks like I am well-supplied for now - Avadon 2 just came out and Eschalon 3 will be soon finished. Maybe even Knights of the Chalice 2 will show up.

Actually, I tried Ultima 6 long ago, but something about the low-tech clunkiness, colors, low resolution, slow start, etc turned me off. I can play some low-tech games, but some just turn me off, even if they aren't too hellishly difficult or don't support saves.
However, I'll watch out for any remakes out there.

06-11-2013, 04:51 PM
(06-11-2013 04:47 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 07:32 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Then maybe you should try some of the early Ultima Games. Just not 8 and 9.
Thanks for the recommendation. Although it looks like I am well-supplied for now - Avadon 2 just came out and Eschalon 3 will be soon finished. Maybe even Knights of the Chalice 2 will show up.

Actually, I tried Ultima 6 long ago, but something about the low-tech clunkiness, colors, low resolution, slow start, etc turned me off. I can play some low-tech games, but some just turn me off, even if they aren't too hellishly difficult or don't support saves.
However, I'll watch out for any remakes out there.

Cool, but seriously, Ultima 7 is one of the best RGP's ever made. That is why it hurts so much to see how the series went to hell when Egotistical Assholes bought Origin and started rushing the series, creating the horror that is Ultima 8 and... 9.
06-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Into a lot of different kinds of games. First games I played [and got really into] were pokemon red and blue. Warcraft 3 consumed my highschool days more than I feel entirely comfortable admitting :3..
Then all the Halos drew me in. Loved the story, plus the multiplayer on the first and the third were pretty fun too. More recently I've been into a lot of puzzle-based games. I love Portal, Portal 2, Antichamber and the Stanley Parable. If you're into any kind of really simple, but excellently stylized games, I seriously recommend all of them if you haven't played them yet. Got back into again Pokemon about a year ago. Can't stop playing now *drools*
Also love me some minecraft. Building a bunch of stuff with my housemates is stupidly fun.
06-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Most games. Played some RPGs back in the day, can't do it anymore.
Mostly aim toward older stuff. Been playing a decent amount of the Brutal Doom mod lately. I also have to get my speed run record back on Escape Goat so been doin that.

(06-11-2013 12:13 PM)amyb Wrote:  Action/adventure, survival horror, puzzle games. One player games more than multiplayer.
Silent Hill, [early] Resident Evil, Tetris, Tomb Raider.
Survival horror and Tetris. These two things!
[+] 1 user Likes AphexandCambria's post
06-11-2013, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 08:41 PM by TheGulegon.)
Right now my favorite is World Of Tanks Big Grin

LOL 4:32 Laughat

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is your favourite video game soundtrack? darryshan 16 219 04-07-2014 11:18 PM
Last Post: Lunda
  If you could be any video game character. itsFerdinand 70 2,740 01-07-2014 04:04 AM
Last Post: Ferdinand
  Suggest Puzzle games JaniceGalindo 9 128 30-06-2014 10:14 AM
Last Post: Roger_the_alien
  Difficult Games That Made You Scream! Elskidor 80 845 15-06-2014 12:12 AM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  It's getting harder and harder to find good games. Help? undergroundp 42 953 10-06-2014 08:03 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Suggest some games to try. Sam 55 580 08-06-2014 05:35 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Funny Video Game pics vids etc Revenant77x 26 724 19-05-2014 03:05 AM
Last Post: MegaHentai