What was heaven like?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2014, 12:28 PM
RE: What was heaven like?
(19-09-2014 07:46 AM)Aldiesel18 Wrote:  What was your idea of heaven?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2014, 12:34 PM
I never really thought about it. I always thought Heaven was just you in a white tunic floating around on a cloud for all eternity.

You know, the children friendly version that has zero details or anything about it. Maybe all my pets would be there too or something.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
19-09-2014, 12:45 PM
(19-09-2014 12:34 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I never really thought about it. I always thought Heaven was just you in a white tunic floating around on a cloud for all eternity.

You know, the children friendly version that has zero details or anything about it. Maybe all my pets would be there too or something.

I liked that part - you'd get to see all the pets you outlived. But what if dog #1 didn't like dog #4 or something? Dog #3 ate cat #5?

Same thing with relatives and friends. Will they all get along? How will they locate each other? And if Uncle Bob is in my crowd, does that mean he's absent from this friend's daughter's crowd?

And WHO gets to sit at Jeezus' right hand? I' mean, c'mon - there's only one chair at his immediate right. Every chair after that is a lesser position. I foresee infighting.

And by that time, heaven sounds pretty ridiculous.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
19-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Revelation 21

Weird scary angels covered in eyeballs, a bunch of jewels, streets of gold, and really fucking bright all while sing glory to god

Now I think of heaven as that moment when I'm screaming "Oh God" with my nails digging in my husband's back Angel

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
19-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Dream on! You sit on a cloud and play the harp for eternity. The nuns told me so, so it must be true.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-09-2014, 03:50 PM
I always liked singing hymns, so that was a big part of heaven for me.

When my sister stopped going to church (she escaped religion before I did), she talked to me about how heaven just sounded horrible to her. I didn't get it at the time. I remember explaining to her that heaven could be anything she wanted. Whatever made her happy, because heaven would be nothing but happiness.

It took me a long time to realize how empty that sounds.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
19-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Total happiness, all my family and friends would be there. I would no longer be worshiping God in the sense of praying, going to church, kneeling, etc. More like just being with God. Beyond that, I just took it for granted that it would be better than anything I could imagine and didn't give it much more thought. It wasn't until I became an atheist that I really thought about it.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.