What was the las straw before you deconverted?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 03:40 PM
What was the las straw before you deconverted?
Ad a catholic....it was going to confession and telling the same stuff over and over again to a priest....mostly sexual taboos and stuff like that..and also the whole....transubstantiation thing......you know...eating Jesus flesh and drinking His blood...and praying to Mary and all the saints lol.....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2016, 04:32 PM
RE: What was the las straw before you deconverted?
(18-03-2016 03:40 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Ad a catholic....it was going to confession and telling the same stuff over and over again to a priest....mostly sexual taboos and stuff like that..and also the whole....transubstantiation thing......you know...eating Jesus flesh and drinking His blood...and praying to Mary and all the saints lol.....

Praying my a@s off for god to spare my dying grandmother from ALS only to be told later by adults, after her passing, that it just wasn't god's will. Those statements didn't add up for me. I was only 17 years old and that was already the start of it. Pretty bad when a 17 year old can see logical flaws that much older adults can't.
18-03-2016, 04:36 PM
There were no last straw. I weren't particularly religious so some day I simply stopped "believing" or rather going through the motions.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-03-2016, 04:37 PM
going to a Christian school junior year that used tge A.C.E. curriculum.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
18-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Realizing that dualism was completely untenable when I was 15 yo.

#sigh
18-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Reading the bible...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-03-2016, 06:32 PM
There was no last straw, just the weight of the accumulated bundle finally breaking down what was left of my wishful thinking.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
18-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Racism. I might not be white, but I know saying they should go to hell for being white is racist.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
18-03-2016, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 07:34 PM by evenheathen.)
(18-03-2016 06:50 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Racism. I might not be white, but I know saying they should go to hell for being white is racist.

No man. We should definitely go to hell for being white. At least for a while, reparations and whatnot. American white that is... Fair is fair. Blush

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
31-03-2016, 02:51 AM
I was Catholic and live in Russia where most of the religious people are Orthodox Christian. A lott of the Catholics in Moscow are de-converted from Orthodox church and became Catholic because it's more 'European'. Most of them hate Russia and everything Russian and just dream of immigrating to other European countries. I am not very patriotic but eventually even I got tired from some liberal Russian priests and priests from other Eastern European countries telling every mass about what a shit hole Russia is and how 90% of its population is a biological waste of a nation. So I stopped attending masses, once you stop going there you start seeing things more clearly and then I finally read the Bible from cover to coverBig Grin
[+] 2 users Like Anka's post