What was the las straw before you deconverted?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2017, 07:59 AM
RE: What was the las straw before you deconverted?
Read the bible all the way through. Well, I may have skipped over some of the begetting. When I was done with that, I was done with religion.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
25-08-2017, 10:51 AM
As an atheist I was already there, but a Westboro Baptist Church wannabe preacher at a funeral for an infant did me in once and for all. And by that I mean, if there was EVER any question that I was maybe just in the throes of a spiritual crisis or something like that and would come back around to believing, well, he removed all doubt and that definitely helped give me the courage to start coming out to people as an atheist. Someday I'm going to write about that funeral here. It was the most ungodly thing I've ever seen. Right down to him telling the single mother that her baby died because she had not given herself and her children to Jesus (via his and ONLY his church) and hadn't asked the savior for his forgiveness for her sins... I felt like I was in the presence of true evil that day. And his "amen" chorus of church members who had never met anyone in the family.

Someday. But I really can't handle the telling of it all yet. Bible cherry-picking in it's lowest possible form...

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
25-08-2017, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2017 10:57 AM by BikerDude.)
The enlightenment.

[Image: The-Enlightenment-is-upon-us.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
25-08-2017, 12:16 PM
What was the last straw fore me before I deconverted?

I don't know what food joint I was at and I have used straws since.

"Last straw" get it? HA I MADE A FUNNY!

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-08-2017, 02:40 PM
After all my studies I could not explain the contradictions. Then when the same stories appeared in older religions, I stepped away. Wasn't necessarily atheist, but it was the start.

No sudden event, no life changes, just a slow methodical peeling back of layers of lies and mythology.

Guess that turtle really did win the race.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
25-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Folks,

Jesus is not the son of God.

D.