What was the most absurd situation you've ever been in?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2016, 06:32 AM
RE: What was the most absurd situation you've ever been in?
(18-02-2016 08:46 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  This was in the late 60s and girls were not encouraged to complain about inappropriate behaviors of boys.

I don't know if it's intended or not, but that type of policy is basically begging kids to take matters into their own hands.

I know my parents, aunts, and uncles pulled that shit with my cousins and me. We all got in trouble for something they knew only one of my cousins did. I complained, and they flat out said that they figured we'd deal with it. I don't know if we were supposed to take him out behind Grandma's house and punch him repeatedly in the stomach, but that's what I heard.

(18-02-2016 08:46 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  The principle called my mom and when she came up to school he tried to tell her I would be expelled. She made him see the error of his ways and with teachers and students to back up my claim of harassment he reneged and just sent me home for the day.

I wonder if the thought occurred to the principle that your mom might beat him up if he expelled you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
19-02-2016, 08:59 AM
(19-02-2016 06:32 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 08:46 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  This was in the late 60s and girls were not encouraged to complain about inappropriate behaviors of boys.

I don't know if it's intended or not, but that type of policy is basically begging kids to take matters into their own hands.

I know my parents, aunts, and uncles pulled that shit with my cousins and me. We all got in trouble for something they knew only one of my cousins did. I complained, and they flat out said that they figured we'd deal with it. I don't know if we were supposed to take him out behind Grandma's house and punch him repeatedly in the stomach, but that's what I heard.

(18-02-2016 08:46 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  The principle called my mom and when she came up to school he tried to tell her I would be expelled. She made him see the error of his ways and with teachers and students to back up my claim of harassment he reneged and just sent me home for the day.

I wonder if the thought occurred to the principle that your mom might beat him up if he expelled you.

Since my mom was 6' tall and not a particularly feminine looking woman I'm sure it did. Big Grin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
19-02-2016, 03:42 PM
When I lived in LA I used to work in a nursery taking care of plants for a business that provided living plants for offices and malls and the LA airport. It's something people walk right by and never notice but someone actually takes care of those plants. We also had plants in private houses including many movie stars. Steven Spielberg was one of the clients. So one time I was sent out to water some plants at an old actress/singer's house. Her name was Julie London. Some of the older posters might know who she was.

Anyway, I went to the house and knocked on a side door as I was instructed to do, and the butler answered. In I go with my special watering bucket and bug sprays and other tools and who's drunk and passed out on the couch but Julie London herself. It was classic. She had an empty martini glass in her hand and the hand was hanging almost down to the floor with the martini glass almost tipped over. The plants that I'm instructed to water are surrounding the couch but she was so unaware of anything that I simply went about my business but I kept an eye on her and quickly did my work. She was a sad sight. I kept thinking she would stir from her drunken stupor but she never budged and the butler didn't seem to be concerned about her so it must have been a common occurrence.

It was right out of Sunset Boulevard what with the butler and the old faded actress. I believe Julie London is dead now.

I also took care of the house plants of some old guy who had been a producer of tv cartoons, one of which was Mr. McGoo. He was about 65 and married to a 20 something year old woman but it didn't seem to stop him from flashing his dick at me. Every time I'd go to his house up in Beverly Hills to water his plants he seemed to be wearing a loosely tied bathrobe which flopped apart as he walked around the house. He had plants all over his house too so it took a while to do. I finally asked the owner of the plant business to give me another customer and she gave me Steven Spielberg's animation department which, if I remember correctly, was in Burbank. That was a fun bunch of people working there. I liked going there.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-02-2016, 03:47 PM
(18-02-2016 08:46 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I had a boy bully, torment me and stalk me at school in 7th grade because I wouldn't give him the time of day. He called me every foul name he could come up with at breaks between classes and followed me to every class I went to. This was in the late 60s and girls were not encouraged to complain about inappropriate behaviors of boys. I still complained to several of my teachers. Dozens of students saw this harassment every day

After 2 weeks I finally got fed up, he stood out in the courtyard and mouthed "whore" at me and that was all she wrote. I ploughed through the glass doors at a dead run. (I played sports and was a tomboy unfortunately for him.) He realized he'd gone too far but it was too late, I beat the fire right out of him, blacked his eye, bloodied his nose and when they pulled me off of him I was sitting on his chest pummeling his face.

The principle called my mom and when she came up to school he tried to tell her I would be expelled. She made him see the error of his ways and with teachers and students to back up my claim of harassment he reneged and just sent me home for the day.

The boy was expelled and sent to another school. I heard that his humiliation followed him (beaten up by a girl) but I don't know if that was true or if my friends were just trying to make me feel better.

Was the only time I ever got in a fight. lol

Hobo

That second beating was just rumored and has no basis in fact, I'll have you know!
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
19-02-2016, 04:15 PM
(19-02-2016 03:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  When I lived in LA I used to work in a nursery taking care of plants for a business that provided living plants for offices and malls and the LA airport. It's something people walk right by and never notice but someone actually takes care of those plants. We also had plants in private houses including many movie stars. Steven Spielberg was one of the clients. So one time I was sent out to water some plants at an old actress/singer's house. Her name was Julie London. Some of the older posters might know who she was.

Sadcryface2
Now I'm an older poster..... does this mean my edges are frayed and curling too? Weeping

19-02-2016, 04:22 PM
(19-02-2016 03:47 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 08:46 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I had a boy bully, torment me and stalk me at school in 7th grade because I wouldn't give him the time of day. He called me every foul name he could come up with at breaks between classes and followed me to every class I went to. This was in the late 60s and girls were not encouraged to complain about inappropriate behaviors of boys. I still complained to several of my teachers. Dozens of students saw this harassment every day

After 2 weeks I finally got fed up, he stood out in the courtyard and mouthed "whore" at me and that was all she wrote. I ploughed through the glass doors at a dead run. (I played sports and was a tomboy unfortunately for him.) He realized he'd gone too far but it was too late, I beat the fire right out of him, blacked his eye, bloodied his nose and when they pulled me off of him I was sitting on his chest pummeling his face.

The principle called my mom and when she came up to school he tried to tell her I would be expelled. She made him see the error of his ways and with teachers and students to back up my claim of harassment he reneged and just sent me home for the day.

The boy was expelled and sent to another school. I heard that his humiliation followed him (beaten up by a girl) but I don't know if that was true or if my friends were just trying to make me feel better.

Was the only time I ever got in a fight. lol

Hobo

That second beating was just rumored and has no basis in fact, I'll have you know!

Ha! If I thought it was you I'd come thump you again! Tongue

Seriously though, I really have no recollection if hitting him at all. I literally saw red and the next thing I remember was the teacher pulling me off of him. You know that scene in "A Christmas Story" where Ralphie beats the snot out of that bully... it was just like that. That scene always brings me a flashback. lol

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
19-02-2016, 05:55 PM
(19-02-2016 03:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  When I lived in LA I used to work in a nursery taking care of plants for a business that provided living plants for offices and malls and the LA airport. It's something people walk right by and never notice but someone actually takes care of those plants. We also had plants in private houses including many movie stars. Steven Spielberg was one of the clients. So one time I was sent out to water some plants at an old actress/singer's house. Her name was Julie London. Some of the older posters might know who she was.

Anyway, I went to the house and knocked on a side door as I was instructed to do, and the butler answered. In I go with my special watering bucket and bug sprays and other tools and who's drunk and passed out on the couch but Julie London herself. It was classic. She had an empty martini glass in her hand and the hand was hanging almost down to the floor with the martini glass almost tipped over. The plants that I'm instructed to water are surrounding the couch but she was so unaware of anything that I simply went about my business but I kept an eye on her and quickly did my work. She was a sad sight. I kept thinking she would stir from her drunken stupor but she never budged and the butler didn't seem to be concerned about her so it must have been a common occurrence.

It was right out of Sunset Boulevard what with the butler and the old faded actress. I believe Julie London is dead now.

I also took care of the house plants of some old guy who had been a producer of tv cartoons, one of which was Mr. McGoo. He was about 65 and married to a 20 something year old woman but it didn't seem to stop him from flashing his dick at me. Every time I'd go to his house up in Beverly Hills to water his plants he seemed to be wearing a loosely tied bathrobe which flopped apart as he walked around the house. He had plants all over his house too so it took a while to do. I finally asked the owner of the plant business to give me another customer and she gave me Steven Spielberg's animation department which, if I remember correctly, was in Burbank. That was a fun bunch of people working there. I liked going there.

Oh no, not Julie London! I loved watching her on Emergency and on some game show where she and her husband Bobby Troup (he was on Emergency, too) would appear together. It wasn't until a few years ago that I even realized they were both jazz musicians, too. I love London's version of "Body and Soul."
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
19-02-2016, 06:55 PM
(19-02-2016 03:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Her name was Julie London. Some of the older posters might know who she was.

Consider

Sad

Weeping

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
19-02-2016, 07:47 PM
For me it would be when my father had something like a breakdown due to a conflict with my brother (and alcohol/some kind of medication), and started pounding on our door one night, and he threatened my brother. We just waited it out that time thinking it wouldn't happen again, but it did happen again on another night, which was when we called the cops, who gave my father a warning. After that he threatened to commit suicide, and my brother had to talk with him again (that has happened once before). The only thing he did after that was as bad was threaten me over the phone on yet another night (some number of months later), because I told him I had difficulty forgiving him for those incidents.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
19-02-2016, 08:55 PM
(19-02-2016 07:47 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  For me it would be when my father had something like a breakdown due to a conflict with my brother (and alcohol/some kind of medication), and started pounding on our door one night, and he threatened my brother. We just waited it out that time thinking it wouldn't happen again, but it did happen again on another night, which was when we called the cops, who gave my father a warning. After that he threatened to commit suicide, and my brother had to talk with him again (that has happened once before). The only thing he did after that was as bad was threaten me over the phone on yet another night (some number of months later), because I told him I had difficulty forgiving him for those incidents.

Sad Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post