What was the most absurd situation you've ever been in?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2016, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2016 09:08 PM by carol.)
RE: What was the most absurd situation you've ever been in?
This may be TMI for some of you- so do not read on unless you have a very dark sort of humor...because I actually find this sort of funny in a dark way...and certainly absurd too...

I was raised in a very dysfunctional, funny, smart, strange and somewhat loopy familly.
My father was a holcaust survivor, who was raised christian although genetically Jewish...he was 13 during the holocaust. He is charming, brilliant and unkind... My mother was raised by a christian scientist/quaker pair of nutty, smart people. She was both brilliant, creative and crazy...they divorced-my father an alcoholic serial cheater,my mother came out as a lesbian...my father became MIA after I was about 8.

I lived with mother, along with my two brothers-mother was absent a lot-left for days and weeks at a time, we were feral children in New Jersey, -wandered about for food from neighbors, the heat was sometimes off, no food, rent unpaid... and so on. Mother was somewhat loopy too ( I think it likely she had a form of mental illness) so we were exposed to sex/drugs/crazy people/a variety of different experiences- some were like wonderful- our house was like a salon-writers, musicians, artists, thinkers- sometimes it was like a horror--people tripping on drugs.fights,hells angels and crazy stuff...

The strangest occurence, and most absurd, was when my mother invited my fathers ex- lover( and my ex-ballet teacher) to stay at our house, who started to have an affair with my 16 year old brother- started sleeping with him- and started to do S+M stuff with him...while I was a kid in the next room...So, crazy, absent mom, crazy women who slept w father and brother serially, crazy brother who liked , from what this crazy woman told me-to be spanked with a bible...and a variety of crazy people about...( one woman who started to cut up all the clocks in the house with metal shears...)
The worst of it was while the adults were doing drugs, one of these crazy MF actually put acid in my drink when I was about 10-I had very bad trip I remember... after that, I went out and bought a lock for the door to my bedroom and installed it myself ..I was the only sane, calm person there...and I stayed away from the crazy people around me and hid in my locked room with books as much as possible. I realized even as a child that the situation was absurd...

So very glad I am living a sane life, with sane people, and all of that crazy is behind me-though I do have to admire some of the really interesting people I had met, some were just assholes... the end of the story is that my dad took the youngest brother, the oldest went to Austra with dads ex-lover and was dumped there, and I was homeless at 16-took the GED, went to college and here I am safe as a bug in a rug, with my own much better behaved family...we are actually quite normal...( mostly)
Anyhow, it does explain why I am an overachiever, and live a quiet peaceful life away from crazy---I had too much crazy people around and want to avoid it...and why I am so anti-drug-because I would never want to feel as if I was unable to defend myself, and would never want to be that vulnerable...I was loyal to my crazy mother but barely talk to my father even now...because he left me with crazy shit...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like carol's post
19-02-2016, 09:05 PM
(19-02-2016 08:58 PM)carol Wrote:  This may be TMI for some of you- so do not read on unless you have a very dark sort of humor...because I actually find this sort of funny in a dark way...and certainly absurd too...

I was raised in a very dysfunctional, funny, smart, strange and somewhat loopy familly.
My father was a holcaust survivor, who was raised christian although genetically Jewish...he was 13 during the holocaust. He is charming, brilliant and unkind... My mother was raised by a christian scientist/quaker pair of nutty, smart people. She was both brilliant, creative and crazy...they divorced-my father an alcoholic serial cheater,my mother came out as a lesbian...my father became MIA after I was about 8.

I lived with mother, along with my two brothers-mother was absent a lot-left for days and weeks at a time, we were feral children in New Jersey, -wandered about for food from neighbors, the heat was sometimes off, no food, rent unpaid... and so on. Mother was somewhat loopy too ( I think it likely she had a form of mental illness) so we were exposed to sex/drugs/crazy people/a variety of different experiences- some were like wonderful- our house was like a salon-writers, musicians, artists, thinkers- sometimes it was like a horror--people tripping on drugs.fights,hells angels and crazy stuff...

The strangest occurence, and most absurd, was when my mother invited my fathers ex- lover( and my ex-ballet teacher) to stay at our house, who started to have an affair with my 16 year old brother- started sleeping with him- and started to do S+M stuff with him...while I was a kid in the next room...So, crazy, absent mom, crazy women who slept w father and brother serially, crazy brother who liked , from what this crazy woman told me-to be spanked with a bible...and a variety of crazy people about...( one woman who started to cut up all the clocks in the house with metal shears...)
The worst of it was while the adults were doing drugs, one of these crazy MF actually put acid in my drink when I was about 10-I had very bad trip I remember... after that, I went out and bought a lock for the door to my bedroom and installed it myself ..I was the only sane, calm person there...and I stayed away from the crazy people around me and hid in my locked room with books as much as possible. I realized even as a child that the situation was absurd...

so very glad I am living a sane life with sane people and all of that crazy is behind me-though I do have to admire some of the really interesting people I had met some were just assholes... the end of the story is my dad took the youngest boy,the oldest went to Austra with dads ex lover and was dumped there,and I was homeless at 16-took the GED, went to college and here I am safe as a bug in a rug, with my own much better behaved family...
Anyhow, it does explain why I am an overachiever, and live a quiet peaceful life away from crazy---I had too much crazy people around and want to avoid it...and why I am so anti-drug-because I would never want to feel as if I was unable to defend myself, and would never want to be that vulnerable...I was loyal to my crazy mother but barely talk to my father even now...because he left me with crazy shit...

Shocking Hug

And I thought my family was dysfunctional...

I think you need two hugs, one for the carol now and one for young carol. Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
19-02-2016, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2016 09:16 PM by carol.)
(19-02-2016 09:05 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 08:58 PM)carol Wrote:  This may be TMI for some of you- so do not read on unless you have a very dark sort of humor...because I actually find this sort of funny in a dark way...and certainly absurd too...

so very glad I am living a sane life with sane people and all of that crazy is behind me-though I do have to admire some of the really interesting people I had met some were just assholes... the end of the story is my dad took the youngest boy,the oldest went to Austra with dads ex lover and was dumped there,and I was homeless at 16-took the GED, went to college and here I am safe as a bug in a rug, with my own much better behaved family...

Shocking Hug

And I thought my family was dysfunctional...

I think you need two hugs, one for the carol now and one for young carol. Hug

Yeah, they were fucked up...but I am pretty tough Big Grin and pretty good at handling almost anything thrown my way most of the time...thank you for the hugs...
[+] 2 users Like carol's post
19-02-2016, 10:02 PM

So very glad I am living a sane life, with sane people, and all of that crazy is behind me-though I do have to admire some of the really interesting people I had met, some were just assholes... the end of the story is that my dad took the youngest brother, the oldest went to Austra with dads ex-lover and was dumped there, and I was homeless at 16-took the GED, went to college and here I am safe as a bug in a rug, with my own much better behaved family...we are actually quite normal...( mostly)

Wow. You've got enough material for a full length book. It reminds me a little of Running With Scissors. I can't remember the name of the author but he had a totally nutty upbringing with a bipolar mother and alcoholic father.

Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
19-02-2016, 10:05 PM
I never realized just how boring my life has been. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
19-02-2016, 10:09 PM
(19-02-2016 10:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Wow. You've got enough material for a full length book. It reminds me a little of Running With Scissors. I can't remember the name of the author but he had a totally nutty upbringing with a bipolar mother and alcoholic father.

Hug

Well , when that is all you know,it is sort of hard to find it so unusual- however I am very very proud of all the work I did to make sure I did not pass along the family dysfunction- had therapy when I was old enough to afford it- but still i have always thought that most families were like mine- that it takes extraordinary people to have a good life...

And I did see a lot of fucked up people growing up...so, who knows...people are so complicated-at least the type of messed up in my family was forthright- no sneaky, subtle crazy -it was bold, straight forward, honest crazy-so it was more easy for me to see it as it was..
19-02-2016, 10:10 PM
(19-02-2016 10:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Wow. You've got enough material for a full length book. It reminds me a little of Running With Scissors. I can't remember the name of the author but he had a totally nutty upbringing with a bipolar mother and alcoholic father.

Hug

Well, that's uplifting.

I counter with.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-02-2016, 10:34 PM
(19-02-2016 10:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  I never realized just how boring my life has been. Weeping

I'm just wondering if Carol can toss me a phone number or two, that'll be enough to liven mine up.
19-02-2016, 10:44 PM
(19-02-2016 10:34 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 10:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  I never realized just how boring my life has been. Weeping

I'm just wondering if Carol can toss me a phone number or two, that'll be enough to liven mine up.

Well, I did meet some really interesting people- but they are best observed from afar, like a bonfire-cool to watch but no fun to get too close to...however,I do have some great survival tips---
should you ever need them