What was the one event in your life that made you want to choke a theist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2014, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 09:56 AM by Anjele.)
What was the one event in your life that made you want to choke a theist?
I know we have discussed how annoying and upsetting the comments of theists have been/are especially when we have lost a loved one. The whole - he's in a better place kind of thing. What other times have theists nearly pushed you over the edge with their platitudes?

At some point during the month between my cancer diagnosis and my mastectomies, I had a visit from...maybe it was JWs or maybe it was Baptists, I don't really recall. I was in the middle of tests and preparations, figuring out how to make it financially when I would be unable to work, fear of the unknown, all that stuff.

One Saturday there was a knock on the door and I stepped outside to find two women who wanted to talk godspeak with me. I tried to be polite but my nerves were already shot and I ran out of patience quickly. They wanted to know what questions I may have for their god. I told them of my recent diagnosis and that I wanted to ask him why. Of course their suggestion was for me to pray for my health to be restored.

Okay, snapping point! I asked...so you want me to pray for my health to the god that made me sick in the first place...really...thanks but no thanks. Why would I ask the thing that caused the issue to relieve the issue? I don't cry often and when I do it's usually out of frustration rather than sadness...I started to shake and feel the tears well up in my eyes. I was so damned angry at that moment.

So, who got to you and why?

As I write this, a man and his son just knocked on my door...JWs...Facepalm.

ARRGH! He asked if I believed the Bible is the word of god, I told him no and that I am an atheist...he wanted to know why I thought that way. That's when I saw the Watchtower in his hand. I bid him a nice day and closed the door. I must say that he was a little shocked by the word 'atheist'.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-02-2014, 10:05 AM
RE: What was the one event in your life that made you want to choke a theist?
I didn`t want to do it at that point but years later.

The catholic priest in the village I grew up. And not for one specific thing but for various things.

He was allowed by the village council to give religion lessons at the local school to 6-10 year olds.

And he was a vicious and brutal man who regulary beat the kids and was so violent that he was forced to give up that position after 4 years.

Yeah, I wouldnt just choke him... I would string him up with his own guts.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
22-02-2014, 12:05 PM
I was educated by the Christian Brothers who are a cruel shower of bastards. In my case it was physical violence so I was one of the lucky ones. I'm sure that the brothers concerned are long dead or very old. If I did come across one it would be difficult not to hit the bastard.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
22-02-2014, 01:02 PM
... Closest was when a bunch of people implied after my sister died that she was better off dead, and God had used her life to the full and wanted another angel and so forth. I could have *cheerfully* beaten up all those well-meaning old ladies.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-02-2014, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 02:13 PM by Lienda Bella.)
So far.. Never mind.
22-02-2014, 02:17 PM
A convo from a few months back. I was reading the newspaper,and there was this article how the community donated money to a 2 yo child to have her cancer cured.
So i asked my friend if he gave something,and he said he prayed for the girl. So i asked him how that helped,and he said "if god doesnt want to cure her,no medical doctor will be able to cure her. So i asked god if he wanted to cure her "
i wanted to punch him,chocke him and roast him

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
22-02-2014, 02:36 PM
One event?

I cant think of any one that stands out in particular, I pretty much go from 0 to 100 in a heartbeat at the mere mention of any religious BS and will confront anybody immediatly, to the point that its not worth going forward with any conversation for them.

So far, nobody has forced the issue with me, and I dont have a problem getting violent or nasty about it...... I think it may show, what and where I'm willing to go, and most folks dont care to take it that far with me. Angel

I really am a nice guy..... but I dont like to be fucked with about religious nonsense.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
23-02-2014, 02:21 PM
I attended an evangelical church service in a small community. I was staying with someone and she asked me to go to church. What do you do so I went. The pastor was welcoming a 4 yr old girl into the church. He's a big man and it was easy to see she felt intimidated. Part of his speech was telling her to fear gawd. The look on her face changed from apprehension to fear. I later cornered him and gave him a blast for instilling fear into this child for something she couldn't begin to comprehend.
[+] 2 users Like Takelababy's post
23-02-2014, 02:27 PM
my flight yesterday Oh. My. God.

HoboWeepingHobo

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
23-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Not me, but my Christian mother. At my atheist brother's Christian funeral my mom insisted on, the minister delivering the eulogy had a strong Asian accent. The theme of his eulogy was "We are here to rejoice in the House of Feasting and not dwell in the the House of Mourning" but it came out as "We are here to rejoice in the House of Fisting and not dwell in the House of Moaning." My mother wanted to choke the shit outta him while my brother and sister were just doing our best not to roll on the floor laughing in the middle of the sermon. The dead brother would have appreciated it. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post