What was your 1st computer and the games you played.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2012, 01:08 PM
RE: What was your 1st computer and the games you played.
Oh my, I don't remember the name of it but it came out in the 70s. It was black and white (no color), data storage was a cassette recorder, it had a 300 baud modem and a cradle for the phone. You could call another computer through the phoneline and paid per minute. There were no games. The "internet" consisted of compuserve and a bunch of individual computers people had hooked up to their phone lines. Some people ran "message boards" back then. One person at a time could use a message board. The owner (sysop) could break in and talk to the user. I put up a board about pets, called the pet board. (no competition for names, and no registration). It would get some 5 calls a day, and people would exchange things about their pets. Then the ferret folk discovered it. Ferrets were illegal to keep in many states, and people who kept them anyway would congregate on the pet board. Now the thing was busy 24 hrs a day.

Oh boy, all the memories with that one. I met my husband at a "computer swap" and we dated via the computer - maybe we were the first couple ever to date online lol.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: What was your 1st computer and the games you played. - Dom - 09-04-2012 01:08 PM