What was your first job ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2017, 07:05 PM
And also why did you start it?
Any funny or fond or other memories about it?

(baby sitting your little brother for 10 bucks doesn't count)

For me that was at 14 years old during some holiday off school. Probably easter holiday or something. It was two weeks. Never had my own pocket money, I wanted some money so I went to the employment agency to ask for a holiday job.
That job was some underwear store for women Big Grin So once I had this really big woman who asked me for a bra in a ridiculous size. I was actually surprised that we had that size at all. It was something like 120 J or so (that is 120cm underbust and J cup).
But yea it was fun and I liked it a lot there.

Now you!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: What was your first job ever?
Dish washer, then burger flipper when I was 15.
I wanted to save some money up for my first car.
16-02-2017, 07:18 PM
I was 12 or 13 and I worked on a farm cropping tobacco. I made $3.00 an hour cash.

One day I found a watermelon growing in the tobacco field. I cut it open and started to eat it. The nasty thing tasted just like tobacco.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
16-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Telemarketer, I lasted 3 days. Later the company was shut down for defrauding people.

Second job was with a certain large burger franchise, and spent 4 years there while working on my Bachelors. Soaked the Franchise owner by accident on my first day with a water thing used to wash dishes, and by the time I was done there, he had never given me a promotion, but had me training his managers on their paperwork and how to make the schedule. Tongue Also while there I was drugged, sent to physical therapy and have a lingering injury from which I've never fully recovered after a lapse in workplace safety, and worked an illegal 20 hours straight once and was sent home only once I began hallucinating a shift manager who wasn't there and conversing with him (they let me drive home after telling me to clock out). Still one of my better jobs due to some of the people who worked there.

Both, and others, were to help pay with school.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2017, 07:42 PM
(16-02-2017 07:40 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Telemarketer, I lasted 3 days. Later the company was shut down for defrauding people.

Second job was with a certain large burger franchise, and spent 4 years there while working on my Bachelors. Soaked the Franchise owner by accident on my first day with a water thing used to wash dishes, and by the time I was done there, he had never given me a promotion, but had me training his managers on their paperwork and how to make the schedule. Tongue Also while there I was drugged, sent to physical therapy and have a lingering injury from which I've never fully recovered after a lapse in workplace safety, and worked an illegal 20 hours straight once and was sent home only once I began hallucinating a shift manager who wasn't there and conversing with him (they let me drive home after telling me to clock out). Still one of my better jobs due to some of the people who worked there.

Both, and others, were to help pay with school.

Wait, you were drugged working at a burger place? What happened?
16-02-2017, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2017 08:07 AM by jennybee.)
My first job was working for my dad doing office work. I liked getting to see what he did during the day Smile There was a really good Italian restaurant down the street that made the best eggplant parm. It was definitely a good plus to working there Tongue
16-02-2017, 07:48 PM
(16-02-2017 07:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Wait, you were drugged working at a burger place? What happened?

Was running a fever and aching, so asked a shift manager if we had any Tylenol or if I could go home. She gave me a Percocet and told me it was Tylenol. When I said I felt weird, she told me I should be grateful she slipped me something expensive. She was later fired for stealing $3,000 from a deposit. Her son was later fired for the same thing, but a smaller amount.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2017, 08:07 PM
If you don't count mowing lawns full time in the summer at 13, it was bagging groceries and stocking shelves at the town grocery store.

Sorry, not very exciting.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
16-02-2017, 08:07 PM
(16-02-2017 07:48 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 07:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Wait, you were drugged working at a burger place? What happened?

Was running a fever and aching, so asked a shift manager if we had any Tylenol or if I could go home. She gave me a Percocet and told me it was Tylenol. When I said I felt weird, she told me I should be grateful she slipped me something expensive. She was later fired for stealing $3,000 from a deposit. Her son was later fired for the same thing, but a smaller amount.

Wow. What a whackadoodle.
16-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Babysitting for the three kids of the only divorced mom in town. They lived about a block from me and I would be there from about 4 in the afternoon till well after midnight. That meant I had to feed the kids (I couldn't cook), make sure they got their baths and get them into bed. Sometimes I would make a whole five bucks. I was about 13.

From there it was working in a restaurant kitchen...washing dishes, making up relish trays, grating potatoes for hash browns...that was actually the best job to pull as you got to sit in the basement where it was cool and there was a radio in the room. From there it was another kitchen job then a short stint in a toy factory before spending about a year in a small grocery where we did everything that needed to be done. I think I made about $1.60 an hour at the factory and the grocery...big money! Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF