What was your first job ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: What was your first job ever?
(16-02-2017 08:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 07:48 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Was running a fever and aching, so asked a shift manager if we had any Tylenol or if I could go home. She gave me a Percocet and told me it was Tylenol. When I said I felt weird, she told me I should be grateful she slipped me something expensive. She was later fired for stealing $3,000 from a deposit. Her son was later fired for the same thing, but a smaller amount.

Wow. What a whackadoodle.

And drug addict. But yeah.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2017, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2017 08:55 PM by julep.)
My first paid job was playing clarinet in a town pro-ish band, $10-15 per performance. Got to sight-read lots and lots, occasionally sit next to the principal of the Richmond Symphony Orchestra, drink champagne at intermission (the band often played at a very swanky hotel downtown), and flirt with guys who should've known better (I was 15-16, they were 30s-40s).

Second job was less glamorous--cashier in the Italian shop at the Kings Dominion amusement park--but I learned how to count change back to customers correctly. Comes in useful when the baristas at Starbucks have a cash register meltdown.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
16-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Stocking shelves at a local grocery store.
16-02-2017, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2017 09:17 PM by yakherder.)
Outside of the fishing seasons, my stepfather ran a small construction business. I'd often go help him do basic stuff for a little extra cash.

A couple times I also accompanied him on his fishing boat and spent a couple weeks cooking when their actual cook didn't show up and they needed to get going. No shows are bound to happen when your base of operations, so to speak, is an Alaskan fishing town with no permanent roads and only a seasonal population Big Grin I didn't originally plan on going along, and even as a cook (as opposed to a fisherman) it was quite a physically demanding job for a young teenager. But he paid me the same as he would have paid his regular adult employee, which was a hell of a lot more than my classmates back in civilization were making. Plus I learned cool shit.

My first legal job was as a Navy cryptologist. My cool/funny stories probably don't belong on a public forum.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
16-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Making you all laugh.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-02-2017, 11:15 PM
What was your first job ever?
Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 3 users Like treefireguy's post
16-02-2017, 11:25 PM
Damn!!

I didn't get my first scribe till I was 16!!

I had no idea how deprived I was......

I'll be up all night now ruminating.....

Sad

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-02-2017, 12:18 AM
Working in a pub while on break from university. I hated it. My boss was an absolute prick and gave me contradictory instructions to follow so that I'd always be doing something wrong. I could barely understand what the drunk slurring patrons were ordering.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
17-02-2017, 12:20 AM
Delivered the evening paper. Also did a bit of babysitting at about the same time. First full-time job was as an accounts receivable clerk.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
17-02-2017, 01:12 AM
Fetch-monkey.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.