What was your first job ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2017, 08:13 AM
RE: What was your first job ever?
I spent my life creating, growing and selling various businesses, not holding jobs.

My first one was when I was 9, I made my "office" in a garage that stood open all day in the neighborhood and kids came and paid me to do their homework, primarily writing essays. I'd go there every day after school and wrote 2 or three of them. I was rich! Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Babysitting for neighborhood kids. I don't recall how much I made (it was the 80s/early 90s), but it certainly wasn't the $15 an hour kids are getting nowadays.

I was pretty good at it, but I had two bad experiences.

1. I invited my friend over and she used their phone to dial 1-900 numbers (gross) and racked up a big charge and the parents blamed me for making the calls (again, gross). I definitely should have had the balls to tell her to stop though.

2. The kid and his friend wanted a milkshake and I pretended I knew how to make them, so I decided to use their blender (without the cap on....)

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
17-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Horse poo and weeds. I helped Jesus (shut up ... my ma's ranch manager) do stuff in the barns and in the yard. I think I was 5.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-02-2017, 08:50 AM
My first long term job currently is working at Amazon as a picker. Have been working there since October. And yes, I know there are cases where Amazon has abused its workers.

17-02-2017, 10:35 AM
(16-02-2017 11:15 PM)treefireguy Wrote:  Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laugh out load Thumbsup

Your childhood reminds me of a Norman Rockwell painting Hobo No Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
17-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Pulling weeds for a friend's mother's friend. Got $5 for the whole day and turned it down the next time I was asked. I was 13 or so, I think.
17-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Nothing too exciting here:

1. Delivering the Milwaukee Journal newspaper in Racine. Since most Racine residents get the Racine Journal Times, this was a very spread-out route, where only one or two houses on a given block would get the paper.

2. Caddying for golfers at the Racine Country Club. I once caddied for former NFL star Don Hutson, who had a car dealership in Racine after he retired.

3. Flipping burgers in a "mom & pop" (i.e., not a chain) burger joint.

4. Shipping and receiving in a department store. This was my first full-time job -- the first three were part-time while I was still in school.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
17-02-2017, 11:49 AM
(17-02-2017 10:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 11:15 PM)treefireguy Wrote:  Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laugh out load Thumbsup

I shaved my balls once, ended up with a chicken skin scrotum... Never again, itched like hell. Sad
17-02-2017, 11:54 AM
(17-02-2017 11:49 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 10:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Laugh out load Thumbsup

I shaved my balls once, ended up with a chicken skin scrotum... Never again, itched like hell. Sad

If you just yank them out by the roots it hurts more while you're doing it, but they don't itch afterwards and the "shave" lasts longer.

'Murican Canadian
17-02-2017, 11:58 AM
(17-02-2017 11:54 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 11:49 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I shaved my balls once, ended up with a chicken skin scrotum... Never again, itched like hell. Sad

If you just yank them out by the roots it hurts more while you're doing it, but they don't itch afterwards and the "shave" lasts longer.
Bbbbbut why ? For the love of satan why ? Surely watching your partner navigate the pubic abyss and flossing afterwards is totally cool.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post