What we believe ... ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2010, 11:20 PM

RE: What we believe ... ??
I love ritual and tradition because they connect me to the past and the larger picture of humanity. Traditions, "liturgies", and rituals don't have to be religious to be meaningful and very spiritual.

That really has nothing to do with anything, but I thought I'd say it anyway. Wink
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2010, 09:00 AM

Good point, athnostic!

In my family, we have always celebrated christmas (and thanksgiving), for example, in ways that have been family traditions for generations. I've been an atheist my entire adult life, but 'ritual' is also something I can enjoy, despite being an atheist. I don't think of these traditions as 'sacred' liturgy though.
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Christmas is a pagan festival from eons before christianity's inseption. It has always been a time of festivities. Party on.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Same with Easter (which is named for the pagan Goddess "Esther")

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-05-2012, 01:35 AM
i ''believe'' that most god(s) were aliens. i gues thats what you get after watching to much history channel
18-05-2012, 01:56 AM
(18-05-2012 01:35 AM)darthdambalah Wrote:  i ''believe'' that most god(s) were aliens. i gues thats what you get after watching to much history channel
what history channel have you been watching?? very different to the one I watch..

What do I believe? I believe in the power of the cookies and cream white Nestle chocolate. In fact I believe that I may be losing my faith so I shall duck out and donate to the local grocery store in order to receive my blessing of big bar of delicious chocolate.
Might get some Pepsi while I'm at it actually. (I prefer coke cola but pepsi is literally a third the price so...)

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
18-05-2012, 02:09 AM
What's with the necroposting?

Since this place has become full of mods and shit, perhaps they can do some fucking moderation for a change. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user