What we did instead of go to church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2014, 06:58 PM
RE: What we did instead of go to church
Played fetch with my Shepherd, then hid his kong and he had to sniff it out, then went shopping and met a friend for lunch, soaked up a little sun, inspected the garden, made a few posts here and now I am getting ready to go grill some salmon.

All in all a nice, leisurely day.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Slept in til eight (that was all the little ones would allow), mcdonalds breakfast because my high ass cooked up all the awesome breakfast foods in the house at one in the morning last night. Rolleyes

Lazed around til it was time to get together with the in laws for a sloppy joe and assorted fruits lunch. Then back home to play with the kids. Just now got them both in bed so I'll mess around on the forum until it's time for Game of Thrones. Yes

Pretty good day. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
13-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Had a super fun cuddle sesh on the bed with my wife and our dogs. Made a super awesome breakfast, yard work with wife, then lunch with my mom.

Havent had a chance to enjoy sinning or eating a baby today.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
13-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Got an invite to audition on bass for the hottest blues guitarist....hell, in more than just this state, more like in this whole region. Been a while since I have done much playing on bass (I've been concentrating heavily on guitar for, hell, the past year or more), so I'm spending this weekend and the next couple of days woodshedding and getting my bass chops (particularly on slap) back up. Got some recent live recordings of him with his band, so I'm (re)familiarizing myself with his go-to songs (lots of SRV in there, which I was already real familiar with anyway). Competition is going to be fierce, but last time I saw this cat at a regular jam I go to, he demanded I get up on stage with him, so at least there's that. Might or might not get the gig, but I'm stoked and excited (and maybe just a little proud to get a shot at an audition in the first place) on one hand and scared shitless on the other. I really want this gig.

So, my day: nose to the grindstone. Working my ass off, tense as fuck, and glad to be doing it.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-04-2014, 10:43 PM
today = film live broadcast
tomorrom = more broadcast + education

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
13-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Took my youngest on a 1 hour trip to a scenic beach so she could practice landscape drawing, bought "goat simulator" on steam and lol'd lots with my older daughter. Quality family time with both kids.

Fyck church.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
13-04-2014, 11:28 PM
I actually had a wonderful day.

Yes, it began with slo gin fizzes and Irish coffee.

It ended with scotch and pot.

I think I've got a problem.

What am I saying? It was the first time in weeks I didn't want to murder someone in their sleep.

Clearly a sign I must continue drinking.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-04-2014, 04:53 AM
I may be a day late, but I was to busy enjoying the day yesterday.

Went on a 100 mile ride, passed a dozen or more churchs with the parking lots at overfull...... my head shaking and laughing as I rode past, thinking "what a waste of time for them" .

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
14-04-2014, 05:49 AM
(13-04-2014 11:20 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Took my youngest on a 1 hour trip to a scenic beach so she could practice landscape drawing, bought "goat simulator" on steam and lol'd lots with my older daughter. Quality family time with both kids.

Fyck church.

My hubby was looking at goat simulator but we weren't sure whether it was worth spending money on it. We don't often buy games and he's still playing games which are ten years old.
14-04-2014, 07:01 AM
I spent all day and night in transit from Sydney back to Shenzhen. Glad to be home! And now the forum seems to be functioning better, I don't need my VPN to get on, yay!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.