What we need is another Trump thread...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2016, 03:14 PM
RE: What we need is another Trump thread...
Once again I’m showing incredible self-control by not starting another Drumpf thread and just adding to this one. You’re welcome. Big Grin

PGA Tour Moves Event From Donald J. Trump’s Course at Doral

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/02/sports...-tour.html

The Professional Golfers Association continues to distance itself from The Donald. Good for them!

"The tour signed a deal with Doral through 2023, though there was a provision in the contract that a new title sponsor had the option to move it elsewhere.

The tour has spent a year trying to find a replacement for Cadillac, and it became more difficult as Trump gained notoriety with his caustic comments during his presidential campaign. That began with Trump’s announcement that he was running, when he said Mexico was sending its unwanted people to the United States, and that in many cases they were “criminals, drug dealers, rapists.”

And guess where the PGA has moved it to?

MEXICO!

If that isn’t one of the biggest “Fuck You’s” I don’t know what is.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
01-06-2016, 04:02 PM
(01-06-2016 02:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-05-2016 04:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  Remember, these are not Trump's views but those of one of his supporters.

As you implying that I can't tell the difference between the advertising hype and the consumer requirements?

I would have thought that you knew me better than that.

Dodgy

No, no, the author of the article is describing himself personally with these criteria, they are the author's own view points. He never says they are Trumps. He thinks Trump is the best fit for his positions. But no one really knows. Trump doesn't actually say much of substance.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Kim Jong-un has endorsed Trump. Once you got the North Korean vote you're a shoo in.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Did anyone see his press conference he held yesterday 5-31-16 at, where else, Trump Towers?

Unbelievable. He says to the ABC reporter "you're a sleeze".

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/01/us/pol...ation.html

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-06-2016, 04:52 PM
(01-06-2016 04:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Did anyone see his press conference he held yesterday 5-31-16 at, where else, Trump Towers?

What was even more resonating to me was when he was asked should we expect your press conferences to be like this if you are POTUS? An unabashedly and succinct "Yes."

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Great, public verbal abuse from the president.Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-06-2016, 07:45 PM
(01-06-2016 04:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 04:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Did anyone see his press conference he held yesterday 5-31-16 at, where else, Trump Towers?

What was even more resonating to me was when he was asked should we expect your press conferences to be like this if you are POTUS? An unabashedly and succinct "Yes."

I'd say it's a fair assumption that the people who are attracted to Trump's rhetoric tend to be assholes themselves.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
01-06-2016, 07:54 PM
(01-06-2016 04:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 02:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  As you implying that I can't tell the difference between the advertising hype and the consumer requirements?

I would have thought that you knew me better than that.

Dodgy

No, no, the author of the article is describing himself personally with these criteria, they are the author's own view points. He never says they are Trumps. He thinks Trump is the best fit for his positions. But no one really knows. Trump doesn't actually say much of substance.

Well technically the author isn't a Trump supporter. He is interviewing someone who is, and it is the interviewee's views being stated.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
01-06-2016, 08:09 PM
(01-06-2016 07:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 04:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  No, no, the author of the article is describing himself personally with these criteria, they are the author's own view points. He never says they are Trumps. He thinks Trump is the best fit for his positions. But no one really knows. Trump doesn't actually say much of substance.

Well technically the author isn't a Trump supporter. He is interviewing someone who is, and it is the interviewee's views being stated.

I stand corrected. Bowing