What were you guys saying about RT news?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: What were you guys saying about RT news?
(20-06-2013 05:37 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Allow me to paraphrase our discussion:
cjlr: I believe A.
I and I: how can you support B?
cjlr: I didn't say B. I said A.
I and I: cocks cocks America cocks propaganda cocks

That's I&I for ya. He's already pre-determined what he thinks your position is and then twists your words to fit a bill so that he accuses you of supporting a position that you don't. He's the master of strawmen, false dichotomies, and being a dick that grimly mocks a large group of people by painting them all under the same brush stroke, regardless of what evidence stands in his way that points to the contrary.

I see there is nothing new occurring and that I&I has still failed to gain a sense of perspective. Good, it would almost be painful to watch him be anything other than a troll poking his head out of some dictator's sopping wet vagina, he would lose his already weak grasp with reality if he was doing anything other than that.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2013, 06:02 PM
What were you guys saying about RT news?
(20-06-2013 05:37 PM)cjlr Wrote:  All right, I and I. It's been fun, but if you continue to prove incapable of an honest discussion, then, I really can't be bothered continuing.

(20-06-2013 04:31 PM)I and I Wrote:  You are choosing sides and Assad is not the side you are choosing correct? What other sides are there to choose from oh dear pretend atheist?
Well, first of all, I'd say I am an atheist. Though, whether I am or not does not seem to me to have any bearing on our discourse here.

Second of all - reading comprehension ain't exactly your strong suit, is it? I'm not choosing sides. I never said I was choosing sides. In fact I said I wasn't choosing sides:
(19-06-2013 03:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I do not support radical islamist militias. I do not approve of my government (or any other) supporting them with weapons. I do not approve of Bashar al-Assad. I do not approve of my government (or any other) supporting his regime with weapons.
It's like every sentence in your post is a new straw man.

(20-06-2013 04:31 PM)I and I Wrote:  Any evidence that Assad is a dictator? What makes him or any leader a dictator? Are the criteria that fit Assad unique to Assad to single him out apart from any other world leader?
He is at the head of an authoritarian minority-run single-party undemocratic state. I'd call that a dictator. Whether that's unique or not is - here's that word again - irrelevant.

(20-06-2013 04:31 PM)I and I Wrote:  You are full of shit because you are picking and choosing when to apply the dictator standards yet at the same time don't apply those to what an Alqaeda led government would look like.
Nope, try again. Didn't do that. Though perhaps in your world, omitting mention of is equivalent of implicitly supporting. I won't pretend to know what goes on in your abject mind. Also - what was it a wise man once said? Oh, yes:
(20-06-2013 08:16 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Other people doing other things does not make the actions of either Assad's thugs or the opposition islamist thugs any less repulsive.

(20-06-2013 04:31 PM)I and I Wrote:  If you believe Assad shouldn't be in power because he kills civilians then what side should be in power? The other radical groups that admit to targeting civillians and bomb civilian sites?
Hmm... Maybe, neither of the two bloodthirsty, rapacious factions currently fighting over the country? Fuck, what a stumper. I had to really put my mind on that one.

Allow me to paraphrase our discussion:
cjlr: I believe A.
I and I: how can you support B?
cjlr: I didn't say B. I said A.
I and I: cocks cocks America cocks propaganda cocks

So you believe Assad should be overthrown by religious nut jobs but don't believe they should be in power. Riiiiiiiiiight

And I don't believe Assad should be in power but I support him beating anything that smells of this foreign "spring" from the beginning to now.

You see kids, one side loses and one side wins, the rooting for one side to lose is by default the rooting of one side to win. You can't shit on one side all day then cop out " I didn't say I support Alqaeda trying to overthrow him".
21-06-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: What were you guys saying about RT news?
Hooray! One more time, kids!

I support humanitarian aid to suffering people. I never advocated regime change. In an ideal world there are better alternatives to Assad. Al Nusra is not one of them. Since this is not an ideal world (you're in it, after all), said alternatives are a little thin on the ground.

(21-06-2013 06:02 PM)I and I Wrote:  So you believe Assad should be overthrown by religious nut jobs but don't believe they should be in power.
(19-06-2013 03:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I do not support radical islamist militias. I do not approve of my government (or any other) supporting them with weapons. I do not approve of Bashar al-Assad. I do not approve of my government (or any other) supporting his regime with weapons.
(20-06-2013 05:37 PM)cjlr Wrote:  [I believe] neither of the two bloodthirsty, rapacious factions currently fighting over the country [should be in power].

(21-06-2013 06:02 PM)I and I Wrote:  shit on one side [emphasis added]
(20-06-2013 08:16 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Other people doing other things does not make the actions of either Assad's thugs or the opposition islamist thugs any less repulsive.

Oh, I and I. Never change.
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post