What were your favorite toys as a kid?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: What were your favorite toys as a kid?
(07-04-2016 04:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Snoopy SnoCone Machine

Slip 'n Slide

Twister

Cabbage Patch Kids

You had me right up until the damn ugly cabbage patch dolls. No

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
07-04-2016, 05:41 PM
My favorite toys were, Skipper doll, electric cars, army men, my record player, bicycle, skates and cards.

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
07-04-2016, 05:43 PM
My little ponies (I had over 100) Toy horses, faeries, anything of the sort.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
07-04-2016, 05:45 PM
(07-04-2016 05:43 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My little ponies (I had over 100) Toy horses, faeries, anything of the sort.

I loved my little ponies!
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Toys? Huh?

Stick

[Image: stick-of-devotees-mercy1.jpg]

Rock

[Image: stock-photo-one-small-brown-stone-in-sand-34033063.jpg]

I used to take a stick and stick it in the ground and pretend I was driving, what else, but a stick shift. (tee-hee) I'd find a couple of rocks and pretend they were brakes and the gas peddle ( I think I forgot about a clutch) and then I'd drive all over the world. My car turned into a boat, a plane, a space ship. My spaceship also had gears because I shifted from 1st, to second, to third and went to the moon.

When I got to the moon I became the mayor of the moon.... it's a involved long story.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-04-2016, 05:56 PM
(07-04-2016 05:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Toys? Huh?

Stick

Rock

I used to take a stick and stick it in the ground and pretend I was driving, what else, but a stick shift. (tee-hee) I'd find a couple of rocks and pretend they were brakes and the gas peddle ( I think I forgot about a clutch) and then I'd drive all over the world. My car turned into a boat, a plane, a space ship. My spaceship also had gears because I shifted from 1st, to second, to third and went to the moon.

When I got to the moon I became the mayor of the moon.... it's a involved long story.

My favorite toy now is a stick. Wait, what were we talking about again Angel
[+] 7 users Like jennybee's post
07-04-2016, 05:57 PM
(07-04-2016 05:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Toys? Huh?

Stick

Rock

My mom got a new washer and dryer when I was about 7. My bff Lindy and I played in those huge boxes for weeks. We made forts out of them and had a blast. One morning I woke up and it was raining. No more forts. Fun while it lasted. Smile

I can see you shifting that stick flying to the moon. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
07-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Legos, Bionicles. I wasn't interested in Bionicles for too long though.
[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
07-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Legos!! You couldn't get me a more well received gift than Legos. My family said that I played with Legos WAY past the normal age that kids gave up their toys. I was apparently building little buildings well into my early teens.

... that's kind of weird. I don't know why I'm telling you all that. Anyway, rummaging through a bin of Legos produces a very distinct sound that I brings me back to childhood every time I hear it.

Oh and Barbie, too.

My strategy of ignoring my problems until they disappear never seems to work out for me. ...I'll try to get around to dealing with that in the near future.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
07-04-2016, 06:44 PM
(07-04-2016 06:34 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Legos!! You couldn't get me a more well received gift than Legos. My family said that I played with Legos WAY past the normal age that kids gave up their toys. I was apparently building little buildings well into my early teens.

... that's kind of weird. I don't know why I'm telling you all that. Anyway, rummaging through a bin of Legos produces a very distinct sound that I brings me back to childhood every time I hear it.

Oh and Barbie, too.

Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with that. The thing about lego is it's ageless (short of too young for choking hazard). I built shit constantly. I'd build stuff now if I actually had my lego here. I used to build trebuchets and catapults in my teen years. Well, until I put a couple marbles through the wall.. Than just back to vehicles.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post