What were your favorite toys as a kid?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2016, 06:27 AM
RE: What were your favorite toys as a kid?
Sticks, pine cones, dirt clods, matches, styrofoam, magnifying glasses, kerosene, bottle rockets.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
08-04-2016, 06:41 AM
(08-04-2016 06:27 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Sticks, pine cones, dirt clods, matches, styrofoam, magnifying glasses, kerosene, bottle rockets.

I recall playing war with kids and we made wooden rifles and shot skyrockets at each other. I hit a kid right in the head.

Bloody dangerous looking back. The rifles had shields on them and everything. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
08-04-2016, 06:59 AM
Between my bicycle and my donkey it would be hard to choose. By the time I was 12 a friend and I went into business buying scrap bicycles and rebuilding them and selling them. So they were no longer toys as such, but an investment. Remove the front wheel off one bike, loosen the rear sprocket on another and slide the fork of the one minus the front wheel onto the rear of the other and Presto it was worth $20 instead of 2 Five dollar bikes. and we had an extra wheel to sell to whomever.
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
08-04-2016, 07:20 AM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSujSDjoRrI1NG56IwXaEx...RZIp3zH1EQ]

+

[Image: 10524582-illustration-of-burningl-firecr...Vector.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
08-04-2016, 07:25 AM
Who needs toys when you have a .22 bolt action??

I used to beg for ammo for birthdays and christmas....

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-04-2016, 07:31 AM
Brother and I dug a foxhole, and then cut some groovy ramps down into it for the plastic soldiers. Set up all sorts of revetments down in there, got it all just so. Then we shelled it with the aforementioned dirt clods.
I would build dams on the wastewater ditch from the irrigation. It ran alongside the field and neighbor's driveway. One day my brother was rototilling and admiring my handiwork from the tractor seat and got stuck in the soft spot I had created. We chained the truck to the tractor and then had to chain the Olds 85 to that to get it out. I never got in trouble for that one. Dad and I had the same creative spark that sometimes caused such trouble.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
08-04-2016, 07:36 AM
(08-04-2016 07:25 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Who needs toys when you have a .22 bolt action??

I used to beg for ammo for birthdays and christmas....

Smile

My stepfather actually had a tradition of getting me a bigger knife each year for my birthday. Aside from that, I had to progress from a weak BB gun to a rifle style crossbow to finally getting my first gun, a 30-30 Winchester '94, which I started hunting with at 10.

Trying to jump to the island in the middle of the nearby pond on our bikes was also good fun. It was, perhaps, 15 feet. Certainly doable with a ramp, but we got wet a lot. Good times.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
08-04-2016, 08:08 AM
(08-04-2016 07:20 AM)yakherder Wrote:  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSujSDjoRrI1NG56IwXaEx...RZIp3zH1EQ]

+

[Image: 10524582-illustration-of-burningl-firecr...Vector.jpg]

Dodgy GaspShockingNo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
08-04-2016, 08:36 AM
One of my older brothers had one of these.

[Image: chrimbus-poster11.jpg]

I'm not sure how he got it because my parents never had two dimes to rub together. I suspect one of my brothers, who was the town bully, may have beaten up some poor kid and took it from him.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-04-2016, 08:43 AM
What were your favorite toys as a kid?
I used to play with toy soldiers quite a lot. I spent so long in the garden with them that by the end of the summer it would look like the Somme. Craters and wrecked tanks everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post