What were your favorite toys as a kid?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2016, 09:01 AM
RE: What were your favorite toys as a kid?
Legos and Bionicles. My older brother and I used to build Star Wars ships, then demolish said ships and create our own. Our house was the galaxy. The hallways were 'lightspeed' Tongue

We also had a trampoline that we devoted at least 2 hours a day to. We once tried Legos and trampoline together. It became the 'asteroid belt.' Never did that again.

Ah I miss being a kid...

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
08-04-2016, 09:36 AM
(08-04-2016 08:43 AM)Sam Wrote:  I used to play with toy soldiers quite a lot. I spent so long in the garden with them that by the end of the summer it would look like the Somme. Craters and wrecked tanks everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Me and my two brothers would set eveything up and then attack. Dried mud balls as artillary were the best . They gave the effect of smoke when they hit. I reckon if I dug up my mothers back garden I'd find lot's of toy soldiers, marbles and dinky toys. Tongue

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
08-04-2016, 09:39 AM
What were your favorite toys as a kid?
(08-04-2016 09:36 AM)Marozz Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 08:43 AM)Sam Wrote:  I used to play with toy soldiers quite a lot. I spent so long in the garden with them that by the end of the summer it would look like the Somme. Craters and wrecked tanks everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Me and my two brothers would set eveything up and then attack. Dried mud balls as artillary were the best . They gave the effect of smoke when they hit. I reckon if I dug up my mothers back garden I'd find lot's of toy soldiers, marbles and dinky toys. Tongue

Yeah, that's what I did... I'd wait until we'd had a good dry spell, so the soil was dry and really dusty.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
08-04-2016, 09:48 AM
I didn't have toys that I can remember. I had real guns, horses, dogs, cats, and fishing equipment. My friends and I started hunting when we were five years old and fishing before that. We also went swimming in the nearby lakes and rivers. All of my friends and I were avid readers and when people asked what we wanted for birthdays, it was always books and then we would swap them.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
08-04-2016, 09:57 AM
[Image: sam_9738.jpg]

[Image: He-Man.jpg]

[Image: crayons+and+paper.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
08-04-2016, 10:01 AM
I had a neighbor who had a porcelain doll collection. Those are the only toys that ever truly freaked me out. Wink She was an older lady who had other dolls too that I liked to play with, but those porcelain ones were fucking creepy. Hobo
08-04-2016, 10:04 AM
We used to collect Horse Chestnuts at the end of September, begin October, and play conkers. We had hours of fun, and sore hands from wayward shots.

[Image: xHMt24b.jpg]

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
08-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Legos. I still play with them, but now, I have to daughters to play with. This makes me look more like a good dad and less like a man-child.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
08-04-2016, 10:27 AM
That would have to have been one of these.

[Image: 67HuffyDragster.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
08-04-2016, 10:31 AM
(08-04-2016 10:21 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Legos. I still play with them, but now, I have to daughters to play with. This makes me look more like a good dad and less like a man-child.

Lego Evolution

[Image: evolution.jpg?15385726768844289056]
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post