What/who is Yahweh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: What/who is Yahweh?
(17-11-2015 01:50 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The god of the Yahoos was a big hunter man figure in the sky who Moses climbed up a hill to speak to. The only big man in the sky is the star constellation of Orion (Arian) or Horus. They are one and the same. That is why there was a "cult of Horus" in Egypt. It came via the Armenian Hyksos, the Shepherd Kings who invaded the country and settled in the Nile delta around Heraclion and Alexandria. When they left, they returned to Armenia, which is the areas now known as Turkey, Syria, Lebanon and Israel and set up shop in Herusalem which is named after their god figure, Horus.

Josephus explained 2000 years ago that the Jews were Hyksos who came from Judea and invaded Egypt. These people worshipped a big warrior figure called Hayk. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayk. Which makes the Jews "Armenian" or Ar-Men, that is Aryans. All this BS about the name Yahweh is just piffle to be frank.

Pffffffffftssssspit-take.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo_(Gul...s_Travels)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
18-11-2015, 03:38 AM
he is jebus's daddy according ot the bible

and the god of every damn abrahamic religion though he has different names in each of em
18-11-2015, 10:25 AM
(17-11-2015 06:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you pull this shit out of your ass?

The word "Yahoo" was made up by Jonathan Swift in Gulliver's Travels, published in 1726.

And the name 'Orion' has nothing to do with "Arian", whatever that is.

Maybe we should create a "make your own Jewish origin myth" thread in the Casual Coffee House. The rules are:
1) It must claim to explain how the ancient culture got from X to where we are today.
2) It must reference a few tidbits from the Bible and/or other ancient sources.
3) It must be no less than 80% fabricated.
4) It should be trivially easy to actually prove the myth wrong.

We already have our first entry.

My entry:
The ancient Jews were actually originally from northern Europe. They took Norse culture with them and created their own religion. This is evident by the claim in Genesis that God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh (creating our seven-day week), and that these days are named after other gods.

Done and done.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-11-2015, 10:37 AM
He necroed this thread just to say the same types of things, and link the same thing he did in his own thread just from days ago on "what is religion?"

This is a growing level of damaged behavior on this fellow.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
18-11-2015, 11:44 AM
(28-08-2012 06:00 PM)hylonome Wrote:  Recently I've heard the name Yahweh mentioned a couple of times. Am I at all right in thinking that this is God's personal name? If so, why do people call God God instead of Yahweh? And where do the origins for Yahweh come from?

Jehovah is covenant name of the God of Israel.
It denotes "Unchangeable One", "the eternal I AM".
Original pronunciation of this name has possibly been lost, as Jews in reading never mentioned it, but substituted one of the other names of God, usually Adonai.
P.S. Jehovah is premortal Jesus Christ, God Son.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
18-11-2015, 11:46 AM
(18-11-2015 11:44 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 06:00 PM)hylonome Wrote:  Recently I've heard the name Yahweh mentioned a couple of times. Am I at all right in thinking that this is God's personal name? If so, why do people call God God instead of Yahweh? And where do the origins for Yahweh come from?

Original pronunciation of this name has possibly been lost, as Jews in reading never mentioned it, but substituted one of the other names of God, usually Adonai.

Actually "Jehovah" is a German bastardization of the YHWH tetragrammaton. So really, "Jehovah" doesn't mean anything.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
18-11-2015, 11:51 AM
[Image: Doc%2BFrankenstein%2B06%2B07.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
18-11-2015, 11:52 AM
(18-11-2015 11:44 AM)Alla Wrote:  

Gods who "make covenants" are not "unchangeable".
They have to file the stupid contract in their "revocable agreements" file drawer. Just sayin'.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-11-2015, 11:53 AM
(18-11-2015 10:37 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He necroed this thread just to say the same types of things, and link the same thing he did in his own thread just from days ago on "what is religion?"

I got the perfct image for that in the attachments, look it up pls

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

18-11-2015, 01:27 PM
(18-11-2015 10:37 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He necroed this thread just to say the same types of things, and link the same thing he did in his own thread just from days ago on "what is religion?"

Some people just want to watch the world burn.