What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 02:00 PM by One Above All.)
RE: What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit
(10-09-2014 01:46 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  I mean the point of existing is seen only by those who exist but if truly existence will eventually lead to non existences then the point seen by those who existed wouldn't matter, because "matter" is an existing concept
For if it is true that God doesn't exist wouldn't it mean we get wiped out of existence at the point of death

Your opinions and emotions are irrelevant to reality.
Any actual, non-fallacious, arguments? Drinking Beverage

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
10-09-2014, 01:57 PM
RE: What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit
(10-09-2014 01:46 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  I mean the point of existing is seen only by those who exist but if truly existence will eventually lead to non existences then the point seen by those who existed wouldn't matter, because "matter" is an existing concept
For if it is true that God doesn't exist wouldn't it mean we get wiped out of existence at the point of death

What you leave behind will survive you. Others memories of you, physical belongings, etc.
When you die you are dead, you won't know you're dead, you won't feel bad about it, and you won't have a memory of ever existing.
Remember how you hated not existing before you were born? It's like that.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
10-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Re: RE: What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doe

Wiped out of existence? Not sure what that entails but sure.. Yes. So what?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-09-2014, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 02:04 PM by Bucky Ball.)

There is no mechanism for post-mortem preservation.
No organism we know of has achieved immortality, (whatever that means).
The quality of existence matters a great deal to those ALIVE and existing at the time they exist, and to those they loved and cared about, and those who cared about them after they die. (I care a great deal about family members I know who made quality lives for themselves, and those who followed them).
Your argument is called "reductio ad absurdam", and is totally false. The fact they cease to exist at some point is irrelevant, UNLESS as one of your premises you posit meaning ONLY for those who are immortal. Would it matter if I beat my dog to point of death every day for years until it finally died ? Yes. Does it matter that Hitler gassed the Jews ? You're saying it didn't.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Please explain
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Explain what ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-09-2014, 02:19 PM
(10-09-2014 01:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I dunno, Bucky, the Immortal Jellyfish is pretty close to the mark.

It's not passed the mark yet, but it's pretty close to it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
10-09-2014, 02:22 PM
(10-09-2014 01:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

The quality of existence matters a great deal to those ALIVE and existing at the time they exist, and to those they loved and cared about, and those who cared about them after they die. (I care a great deal about family members I know who made quality lives for themselves, and those who followed them).
Your argument is called "reductio ad absurdam", and is totally false. The fact they cease to exist at some point is irrelevant, UNLESS as one of your premises you posit meaning ONLY for those who are immortal. Would it matter if I beat my dog to point of death every day for years until it finally died ? Yes. Does it matter that Hitler gassed the Jews ? You're saying it didn't.

yes the dog is dead it doesn't care, and the person who beat it to death wouldn't care when he eventually dies.
10-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Your opinions and emotions are irrelevant to reality.
Any actual, non-fallacious, arguments? Drinking Beverage
[/quote]

why do you say so?
10-09-2014, 02:28 PM
(10-09-2014 02:22 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no mechanism for post-mortem preservation.

yes the dog is dead it doesn't care, and the person who beat it to death wouldn't care when he eventually dies.

It did care when it was being beaten. That is as real as anything later. You're assuming something is real ONLY if it lasts forever. It's real when it's real.