What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit
(10-09-2014 05:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 05:11 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  science has predicted that in about 5billion years from now the earth will crash into the sun,what do you think will be the point of our achivement and general existence then,because if truely we get wiped out of existence wouldn't that make life inevitably a road to nowhere.

Meaning is transitory, fleeting, subjective and completely artificial. That's the beauty of it.

nooooo! meaning should be meaningful THAT'S THE BEAUTY.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 05:21 PM
RE: What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit
(10-09-2014 05:16 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 05:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Meaning is transitory, fleeting, subjective and completely artificial. That's the beauty of it.

nooooo! meaning should be meaningful THAT'S THE BEAUTY.

The fact that it is transitory, fleeting, subjective and completely artificial is precisely what makes it meaningful. You got one job. Make your own meaning. Don't fuck it up.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-09-2014, 05:21 PM
(10-09-2014 05:16 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  nooooo! meaning should be meaningful THAT'S THE BEAUTY.

So the beauty of something is in what it can't be and isn't, rather than what it is?
I call Poe.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
10-09-2014, 05:31 PM
(10-09-2014 05:21 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 05:16 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  nooooo! meaning should be meaningful THAT'S THE BEAUTY.

So the beauty of something is in what it can't be and isn't, rather than what it is?
I call Poe.

Their is always a universal truth the fact that we do not know what it is doesn't make it any less real, i am only saying that their is a meaning to life more tangible than the one we percieve and all we should do is accept our inability to percieve it, and not make up reasons to make ourselves feel better.
10-09-2014, 05:34 PM
(10-09-2014 05:31 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  Their is always a universal truth

Define "universal truth". Then provide evidence for its perpetual existence.

(10-09-2014 05:31 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  i am only saying that their is a meaning to life more tangible than the one we percieve and all we should do accept our inability to percieve it

It's amazing how we don't know this universal truth, but you just so happen to know it. Narcissism at its finest.

(10-09-2014 05:31 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  and not make up reasons to make ourselves feel better.

So true. We should accept reality. You seem to be having a problem with that.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 4 users Like One Above All's post
10-09-2014, 05:38 PM
(10-09-2014 05:31 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 05:21 PM)One Above All Wrote:  So the beauty of something is in what it can't be and isn't, rather than what it is?
I call Poe.

Their is always a universal truth the fact that we do not know what it is doesn't make it any less real, i am only saying that their is a meaning to life more tangible than the one we percieve and all we should do is accept our inability to percieve it, and not make up reasons to make ourselves feel better.

You have it exactly backwards. You are believing in something you cannot percieve because it makes you feel good, and wasting the time you have right now while you're alive.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
10-09-2014, 05:45 PM
(10-09-2014 05:31 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 05:21 PM)One Above All Wrote:  So the beauty of something is in what it can't be and isn't, rather than what it is?
I call Poe.

So.
He doesn't know what it is, and doesn't perceive it, but says we need to accept it.
Why, that's just what the fairy-troll told me ! It MUST be true. Gasp

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-09-2014, 05:46 PM
(10-09-2014 05:11 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  Science has predicted that in about 5billion years from now the earth will crash into the sun,what do you think will be the point of our achievement and general existence then,because if truely we get wiped out of existence wouldn't that make life inevitably a road to nowhere.

Um... yes, a lot of the knowledge from science points to something like this happening.

(Though I believe it's more the other way around. The Sun will use up a lot/most of its fuel, expand and hence it will swallow the orbit of the Earth. Not that it wil fall into the Sun. See the difference?)

And... your point in relation to my point was?

*Also, there's nothing actually, y'know, STOPPING us from leaving! Heck! We've now got a 5 BILLION year head start! It's not like we just have to sit on our thumbs for 5 billion or so years... Tongue

Much cheers to all.
10-09-2014, 05:52 PM
(10-09-2014 05:31 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  i am only saying that their is a meaning to life more tangible than the one we percieve and all we should do accept our inability to percieve it

It's amazing how we don't know this universal truth, but you just so happen to know it. Narcissism at its finest.

i believe their is a universal truth, but i do not claim to know what it is, i accept that my ideas are merely speculation, just as i expect that on the issue of existence, non existence, purpose, reality no one should claim they are right no matter how intelligent their opinions may sound, that said i am only voicing my opinion that the non existence of God and a meaning that trancends life, will be suggesting that life is a road that leads to nowhere eventually and no matter your achivements or deeds and whatever songs people sing about a person long after he/she is dead it still means nothing to the person that is dead and thus nonexistent.
10-09-2014, 06:03 PM
(10-09-2014 05:38 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 05:31 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  Their is always a universal truth the fact that we do not know what it is doesn't make it any less real, i am only saying that their is a meaning to life more tangible than the one we percieve and all we should do is accept our inability to percieve it, and not make up reasons to make ourselves feel better.

You have it exactly backwards. You are believing in something you cannot percieve because it makes you feel good, and wasting the time you have right now while you're alive.

yes i will admit that my belief in God is to make myself feel better because as i said i do not want to believe this life leads to nowhere, but if it actually does lead to nowhere i would not still care, because lets face it being nonexistent will solve that problem if it arises, but i will still like to point that it is kind of the same for everyone else, yes the role of atheism in going against the injustice of religion is a good one, but atheist should recognize the fact that their stance against the existence of God as i have stated before make life pointless and no matter how many fancy terms thrown into the fact that life has purpose in itself, the end still doesn't justify the means for the individual. but may justify for the group