What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 06:10 PM by Peebothuhul.)
RE: What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit
(10-09-2014 05:52 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  I believe their is a universal truth, but i do not claim to know what it is,

That's great! Now, can you think of a way to test your idea/belief?

(10-09-2014 05:52 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  I accept that my ideas are merely speculation, just as i expect that on the issue of existence, non existence, purpose, reality no one should claim they are right...

Fantastic! Now, again, can you think of a way to test your idea/belief?

(10-09-2014 05:52 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  ... No matter how intelligent their opinions may sound, that said i am only voicing my opinion that the non existence of God and a meaning that transcends life, will be suggesting that life is a road that leads to nowhere eventually and no matter your achievements or deeds and whatever songs people sing about a person long after he/she is dead it still means nothing to the person that is dead and thus nonexistent.

Um... see, this. This whole nihilistic thing is not working for me. Your ACHIEVEMENTS (Say it with me) will last beyond you. The people that you interact with every day, and the people they interact with... in an ever expanding ripple will affect things.

Hence why I said, lets get off this rock and GO some where. Spread ourselves so far across the place that no,single, old, feeble dying star will ever diminish 'Us' that is humanity in total.

Realize that there is More than just the universe of your mind trapped within the confines of your skin!

Start by writing prose. Spread it onto the internet. The ideas encompassed within will touch others... who will touch others.

Do you see/read/get my point?

*Edit ('Cause there was another post after I posted.)

(10-09-2014 05:52 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  Yes i will admit that my belief in God is to make myself feel better because as i said i do not want to believe this life leads to nowhere,

Again, see my comments about "HOW do you TEST it".

(10-09-2014 05:52 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  ... But if it actually does lead to nowhere I would not still care, because lets face it being nonexistent will solve that problem if it arises, but i will still like to point that it is kind of the same for everyone else, yes the role of atheism in going against the injustice of religion is a good one, but atheist should recognize the fact that their stance against the existence of God as i have stated before make life pointless and no matter how many fancy terms thrown into the fact that life has purpose in itself, the end still doesn't justify the means for the individual. but may justify for the group.

Except, and here's the thing, atheism DOESN'T ( Think about it for a moment) go that far.

it is NOT nihilism.

Atheism is just "God(s) don't exist." That's it, nothing more. No "God is dead! Lets tear sh!t up!" Just "Three are no gods... Lets go do something else OTHER than thinking about something that we/I don't think exists."

See the difference?

Much cheers to all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
10-09-2014, 06:06 PM
RE: What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit
(10-09-2014 06:03 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  <snipped incoherent rambling>

So you're engaging in denialism. I called it a while back, in case you missed it. I recommend you learn to deal with reality, rather than deny it.
Denying you have HIV, for example, won't make it go away. Denying your pet needs to eat won't make it less hungry. Denying you don't have money to buy a home with a pool won't make you able to buy it.
Denying reality doesn't make it go away. It just makes you unable to deal with it.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
10-09-2014, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 06:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-09-2014 05:52 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  i am only voicing my opinion that the non existence of God and a meaning that trancends life, will be suggesting that life is a road that leads to nowhere eventually and no matter your achivements or deeds and whatever songs people sing about a person long after he/she is dead it still means nothing to the person that is dead and thus nonexistent.

Now you're getting it. Thumbsup

And it keeps me thinking me instead of what it means to be. Don't be a passenger. Be the ride.

(10-09-2014 06:03 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  but atheist should recognize the fact that their stance against the existence of God as i have stated before make life pointless

I am my own God, my own personal Lord and Savior, my own personal Jesus, the embodiment of The Word. This is the essence of The Word. No bullshit untenable promise of a postmortem preservation of identity required. Reach out and touch faith. Be The Word.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Postmodernity represents a rejection of theism which in essence is atheism, if somehow this isn't true then I will admit to my standpoint being void.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 07:06 PM
(10-09-2014 06:50 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  Postmodernity.....

Who is this 'Postmodernity' and where do they live?

(10-09-2014 06:50 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  ... Represents a rejection of theism which in essence is atheism, if somehow this isn't true then I will admit to my standpoint being void.

The idea can present what ever it likes (Or what ever people give it)

'Postmodernity' =/= 'Atheism'

'Postmodernity' is a label. A grouping together if ideas. A philosophical stad pint. It may/might have some tenets of atheism worked into it but the two terms are different and distinct. Hence, why we have the two words (And the conepts behind them etc)

So... by saying/introducing ''Postmodernity", you're kind of shifting where you're standing. Y'know that, right?

*Me sits back and happily waits for the conversation to drift back onto the topic of atheism..* Smile

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
10-09-2014, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 07:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-09-2014 06:50 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  Postmodernity represents a rejection of theism which in essence is atheism, if somehow this isn't true then I will admit to my standpoint being void.

[Image: HUH-WE-ENHANCE-1_zps9ae2d3c4.jpg]

The fuck that got to do with the price of tea in China?

#sigh
10-09-2014, 07:28 PM
(10-09-2014 07:06 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 06:50 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  Postmodernity.....

Who is this 'Postmodernity' and where do they live?

(10-09-2014 06:50 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  ... Represents a rejection of theism which in essence is atheism, if somehow this isn't true then I will admit to my standpoint being void.

The idea can present what ever it likes (Or what ever people give it)

'Postmodernity' =/= 'Atheism'

'Postmodernity' is a label. A grouping together if ideas. A philosophical stad pint. It may/might have some tenets of atheism worked into it but the two terms are different and distinct. Hence, why we have the two words (And the conepts behind them etc)

So... by saying/introducing ''Postmodernity", you're kind of shifting where you're standing. Y'know that, right?

*Me sits back and happily waits for the conversation to drift back onto the topic of atheism..* Smile

Much cheers to all.

sorry i meant nihilism
10-09-2014, 07:31 PM
(10-09-2014 07:28 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  Sorry i meant nihilism

That's okay. Smile

And... um... well... people have already pointed out that 'Nihilism' =/= 'Atheism'.... So, there is that.

So, now that we've all come to an agreement, should we all go and have a beer or something? Wink

Much cheers to all.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
10-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Somebody explain to me again just what the point is of living forever? Live once, live a thousand times, never get to live..... I still fail to find any sort of tangible reason for any of it.

What the fuck is the reason for the existence of anything? God is not a reason, just an answer. God as the answer still doesn't satisfy the "why" of everything. Why is the god?

You provide a why, and I'll start giving a shit about your own insecure arguments for a reason that I should think there is a higher power than the natural universe.

You wanna talk nihilism, you tell me why it doesn't ring true at least on some level.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
10-09-2014, 07:41 PM
(10-09-2014 07:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Somebody explain to me again just what the point is of living forever? Live once, live a thousand times, never get to live..... I still fail to find any sort of tangible reason for any of it.

What the fuck is the reason for the existence of anything? God is not a reason, just an answer. God as the answer still doesn't satisfy the "why" of everything. Why is the god?

You provide a why, and I'll start giving a shit about your own insecure arguments for a reason that I should think there is a higher power than the natural universe.

You wanna talk nihilism, you tell me why it doesn't ring true at least on some level.

I agree, God as an answer wont satisfy everything because then, their will be the question of who created God.