What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 07:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit
(10-09-2014 07:28 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  sorry i meant nihilism

Been a nihilist going on 4 decades now. Nihilism denies ultimate meaning and thereby elevates transient, fleeting, subjective and artificial meaning to its proper place of prominence. It's all we got. I still get up and go to work in the morning every day. I don't have to believe in the game to play the shit out of it.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-09-2014, 07:46 PM
RE: What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit
(10-09-2014 07:41 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 07:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Somebody explain to me again just what the point is of living forever? Live once, live a thousand times, never get to live..... I still fail to find any sort of tangible reason for any of it.

What the fuck is the reason for the existence of anything? God is not a reason, just an answer. God as the answer still doesn't satisfy the "why" of everything. Why is the god?

You provide a why, and I'll start giving a shit about your own insecure arguments for a reason that I should think there is a higher power than the natural universe.

You wanna talk nihilism, you tell me why it doesn't ring true at least on some level.

I agree, God as an answer wont satisfy everything because then, their will be the question of who created God.

I don't care about who created god. I simply want a good reason to think that any of this or even the concept of god has any reason. Any substantial point to it at all. Why would super god need to create our god?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Quote:Why would super god need to create our god?

Delegating responsibility down to middle management? Consider
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
10-09-2014, 07:58 PM
(10-09-2014 07:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  
Quote:Why would super god need to create our god?

Delegating responsibility down to middle management? Consider

well any stand point either religious or scientific always suffers the problem of an origin in which something came from nothing, this will insinuate a causality loop in almost, if not all explanation to the begining of time, so if God truely exist their should be the question of where he came from.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 08:00 PM
(10-09-2014 07:58 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 07:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  Delegating responsibility down to middle management? Consider

well any stand point either religious or scientific always suffers the problem of an origin in which something came from nothing, this will insinuate a causality loop in almost, if not all explanation to the begining of time, so if God truely exist their should be the question of where he came from.

Okay sure, but that's not the question that I'm asking.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-09-2014, 08:05 PM
(10-09-2014 08:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 07:58 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  well any stand point either religious or scientific always suffers the problem of an origin in which something came from nothing, this will insinuate a causality loop in almost, if not all explanation to the begining of time, so if God truely exist their should be the question of where he came from.

Okay sure, but that's not the question that I'm asking.

i'm not sure how to answer your question, but i think that the answer to your question is most likely going to lead to more questions
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 08:05 PM
(10-09-2014 07:58 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 07:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  Delegating responsibility down to middle management? Consider

I would first need to see credible evidence that a god exists before even considering where it came from. Because magic doesn't cover it.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
10-09-2014, 08:07 PM
(10-09-2014 07:58 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  Well any stand point either religious or scientific always suffers the problem of an origin....

I... don't see any so called 'Stand point' for/in science. Unless, you're meaning the/any originating question? Which, being the realm of thought, that's where neuroscience is involved. Or am I not quite understanding your point/stance?

(10-09-2014 07:58 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  ... In which something came from nothing,

So.. quantum mechanics etc and astrophysics and other, complicated stuff.

(10-09-2014 07:58 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  .... This will insinuate a causality loop

You keep posting this. I do not think these words mean what you think they mean... Jus', y'know, sayin'....

(10-09-2014 07:58 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  .... In almost, if not all explanation to the beginning of time,

Which, from a science point of view, is "We DON'T know! But we ARE looking!" So, there is that....

(10-09-2014 07:58 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  .... So if God truly exist their should be the question of where he came from.

Which only gets us to "It's TURTLES! Turtles ALL the ay down!" Tongue

Much cheers to all.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
10-09-2014, 08:09 PM
(10-09-2014 08:05 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  I'm not sure how to answer your question, but i think that the answer to your question is most likely going to lead to more questions

TO which my one answer to your above question of a question is simply...

"SCIENCE!!!" It works Thumbsup

Much cheers to all.
10-09-2014, 08:13 PM
(10-09-2014 08:05 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 08:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Okay sure, but that's not the question that I'm asking.

i'm not sure how to answer your question, but i think that the answer to your question is most likely going to lead to more questions

You'd probably be right. Thanks for playing. Drinking Beverage

~ Umberto Eco