What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 08:14 PM
RE: What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit
What exactly is this thing you speak of , that you call "god" ?
Define her, please. (And in doing so, use no temporal reference, as that would be incoherent).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 08:26 PM
RE: What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually doesn't exit
(10-09-2014 07:58 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  .... This will insinuate a causality loop

You keep posting this. I do not think these words mean what you think they mean... Jus', y'know, sayin'....

i see a causality loop to be like something gave rise to another thing and that other thing gave rise to the something that gave rise to it, i.e A made B, B made C and C made A, so i believe if God exists and wasnt created then he created himself which to me is a causality loop.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 08:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-09-2014 08:26 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  i see a causality loop to be like something gave rise to another thing and that other thing gave rise to the something that gave rise to it, i.e A made B, B made C and C made A, so i believe if God exists and wasnt created then he created himself which to me is a causality loop.

Causation is questionable at best and dubious at worst.

#sigh
10-09-2014, 08:31 PM
(10-09-2014 08:07 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  [quote='doctorstrange247' pid='645205' dateline='1410400725'] Well any stand point either religious or scientific always suffers the problem of an origin....

I... don't see any so called 'Stand point' for/in science. Unless, you're meaning the/any originating question? Which, being the realm of thought, that's where neuroscience is involved. Or am I not quite understanding your point/stance?

i mean the BIG BANG which doesnt explain where the constituents of the explosion came from in the first place
10-09-2014, 08:36 PM
(10-09-2014 08:26 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 07:58 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  .... This will insinuate a causality loop

You keep posting this. I do not think these words mean what you think they mean... Jus', y'know, sayin'....

i see a causality loop to be like something gave rise to another thing and that other thing gave rise to the something that gave rise to it, i.e A made B, B made C and C made A, so i believe if God exists and wasnt created then he created himself which to me is a causality loop.

This is a sequence of events. A sequence of events requires TIME. A god can't make that which it requires, by definition. (A god "creating itself" is meaningless.) So much for that shit.
How does a deity cause Causality, unless causality already exists ? Causality (Reality) must first be explained IF your deity is valid. So far, you've explained nothing.
Take your time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-09-2014, 08:37 PM
(10-09-2014 08:31 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  I mean the BIG BANG which doesn't explain where the constituents of the explosion came from in the first place

A better term is "The great expansion" and no... it doesn't explain where everything came from.

That is NOT it's job/point.

It is the current answer to where we are NOW.

NOT of 'Before'...

That is a DIFFERENT question, y'see? Smile

Much cheers to all.
10-09-2014, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2014 05:49 PM by DLJ.)
Re: RE: What will be the point of discussing God's existence if he actually
(10-09-2014 08:31 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 08:07 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 07:58 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  Well any stand point either religious or scientific always suffers the problem of an origin....

I... don't see any so called 'Stand point' for/in science. Unless, you're meaning the/any originating question? Which, being the realm of thought, that's where neuroscience is involved. Or am I not quite understanding your point/stance?
i mean the BIG BANG which doesnt explain where the constituents of the explosion came from in the first place

Again.. You seem to keep making statements that lead to the question, So What??

Yes, the bing bang admittedly doesn't give an understanding of where the matter/energy/whathaveyou came from. Therefore, we keep seeking for it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-09-2014, 01:14 PM
(10-09-2014 08:31 PM)doctorstrange247 Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 08:07 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  [quote='doctorstrange247' pid='645205' dateline='1410400725'] Well any stand point either religious or scientific always suffers the problem of an origin....

There was no explosion. And it is doubtful that there were any constituents, either.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Is this an apologetics thread or an introductory thread?
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
16-09-2014, 05:13 PM
The point is that other people believe he does exist. That is the point of discussing it with theists and trying to change the way they think about life, humanity, the universe and everything.

It is because they believe in him that they forcibly assert their beliefs on others, try to force it on many more and use their beliefs to Circumvent government laws, ethics and basic human morality.

For example, take homosexuality for an argument. It is because of religion that billions of people are completely convinced that what you are sexually attracted to is a choice when it clearly by logic and science is not. The very idea that it is a choice pushes the idea into pure absurdity. We than take that hatred and those ideals from religion and use them to condemn innocent people and ruin countless lives of human beings.

Religion is the major cause of all racism, bigotry, and hatred in our world today. It is responsible for a good majority of the crimes, or at the very least, it is a tremendous fuel source for it all. It is what holds back human progress, scientific progress and social progress. It gives people false hopes and keeps our minds enslaved by their psychopathic dream world.

This is why we talk about god who does not exist.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post