What will you be doing Christmas day?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 09:46 AM
RE: What will you be doing Christmas day?
Laughing as my child wakes up to no presents and laughing more as she watches me and the wife open our presents. No in reality I'll be watching as she tears her presents open and hoping she doesn't look disappointed. We decided last year to not be overtly spendy on christmas presents because in the past we've gone very much so overboard. So getting the majority of her santa list has been difficult this year. Her wishlist items are getting more expensive every year.

Then will come the part I dislike the most. Extended family time. I don't care much for their company. It's always super awkward and uncomfortable. I'd rather just have me, and the wife and kid do our own thing, but it's not up to me alone. I really love christmas time though, even though the excitement has been almost entirely absent this year, I still like this time of year.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
16-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Same thing I do every Christmas. Sit there quietly with a smile painted on my face silently bitching to myself about how much money my wife spent on stupid useless shit. ... Good times.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-12-2012, 12:12 PM
My daughter is leaving to spend Christmas at her moms this year. Step daughter will be at her dads. That leaves me and the wife to fend for ourselves. In a perfect world we'd just stay at home alone, but alas, the extended family has expectations. So three dinners, all in houses packed with people I'd sooner avoid entirely.

But at least mrs. Raving has ten days off. Plenty of alone time to recover from gobs of good food and the stress of being around big groups of people.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
16-12-2012, 12:17 PM
One of my brothers and I are heading to Montreal to be with our recently widowed sister.

We will see some nieces, nephews, and sister's in-laws. I think Xmas dinner will be about a dozen people.

Roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, gravy. Pies, cookies, plum pudding, fruitcake.Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Actually, I think this is one of my least favourite parts of any holiday. The eating. I mean, why do I suddenly need to eat about thrice as much on some randomly chosen days of the year. And then everyone is: "Oh, why did I eat so much."
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=395065&d=1341714821]
(But usually without the inane smileWink)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
16-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Cooking.
16-12-2012, 12:47 PM
What will you be doing Christmas day?
(16-12-2012 12:12 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  But at least mrs. Raving has ten days off. Plenty of alone time to recover from gobs of good food and the stress of being around big groups of people.

Pics or it doesn't happen.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-12-2012, 12:50 PM
(16-12-2012 05:31 AM)bemore Wrote:  ...
I will be sparing a thought for all those people alone though

No need bro'. For some of us, that is the perfect day.

Last year, I completely forgot it was Christmas day until someone reminded me the next day.

Just living on the continuum... HoC would be proud.

Thumbsup

ps What's the date of it again? I'm using a Buddhist calendar.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
16-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Me & Mum & Dad. Give the bro a buzz on the felly-tone. Otherwise... ja maybe see if I can find a mate to go running with. Sadly Xmas is on a Tuesday so I can't just go to the usual Saturday run... Curse you, Gregorian Calendar...
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
16-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Well, much like myself, one of my squeezes doesn't do anything with family on Christmas either. So, I'm thinking it'll be a whole big world of people getting together with family and friends and having big dinners and all that nonsense; and somewhere out in a corner of the woods, it'll be just me and her getting up to all sorts of shenanigans. Wink

Either that, or something will come up at the last minute and I'll be left to get up to shenanigans on my own. Laughat

(No Erx, I'm not posting pics. lol)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post