What will you be doing Christmas day?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 08:58 PM
RE: What will you be doing Christmas day?
(16-12-2012 05:55 PM)Rencakes Wrote:  Last year I spent Christmas Eve into Christmas at a strip club a state away with some friends. I think this year I'll take a trip to Disney World.

From the the sublime to the ridiculous?
Consider

This may seem like a bizarre thought but I think I spot a gap in the market...

Disney Strip World.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
17-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Having myself a merry little Christmas with relatives and loved ones.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
18-12-2012, 02:13 PM
It's gonna be my first Christmas after deconversion. Not sure how it's gonna go. Food for sure. But my family doesn't know I don't believe yet. They do though have this annoying habit of trying to make me do things because they think I just need a jump start. I'll probably spend the day before avoiding the midnight service and the day of avoiding being asked to pray or read scripture or something equally pointless to me. Love my family, just not sure when/how to let them in on my secret.

“A philosopher once asked, “Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?” Pointless, really… “Do the stars gaze back?” Now *that’s* a question.”
-from Stardust (2007)
18-12-2012, 07:22 PM
(18-12-2012 02:13 PM)Saneter Wrote:  It's gonna be my first Christmas after deconversion. Not sure how it's gonna go. Food for sure. But my family doesn't know I don't believe yet. They do though have this annoying habit of trying to make me do things because they think I just need a jump start. I'll probably spend the day before avoiding the midnight service and the day of avoiding being asked to pray or read scripture or something equally pointless to me. Love my family, just not sure when/how to let them in on my secret.
Many here have been through that experience (not me though). The Recovering from Religion section might have some pointers / pitfalls.

18-12-2012, 07:34 PM
I would rather not do anything at all on Christmas, but I will probably have a meal with my family... that way I don't have to pay for what I drink.

I don't really celebrate Christmas, but my family sure does... free food and drink is all that I am there for. Tongue

Oh! My aunt's new boyfriend will be present at the meal aswell... she is a religious nut bag, so I can only hope that he is the same. It always gives me some entertainment.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
19-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Being bored out of my brain because there is nothing to get for Christmas this year.
19-12-2012, 12:17 PM
(19-12-2012 06:39 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Being bored out of my brain because there is nothing to get for Christmas this year.

I didn't realize you were so super rich that there is absolutely nothing that you don't all ready have. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
19-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Hopefully reading something, wrapped in a quilt, surrounded by the pups.
I have been frantically working to complete some gifts...I will be so glad when they are done and I can do something else!
Making dinner Christmas Eve, daughter, son-in-law, and grandBailey will be over to eat.
Thinking about making a nice brunch and then just chilling.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted, and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Soooo.....?

How's it goin', everyone?

Merry Christmas to you all. I really enjoy this lil' community. Heart

Coffeedrinker Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Percepticon's post
25-12-2012, 01:46 PM
What will you be doing Christmas day?
Meh. When will this day end so I can go home???

Oh, but Merry Christmas, Valicon!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post