What will you be doing on StupidBowl Sunday?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2013, 11:10 AM
RE: What will you be doing on StupidBowl Sunday?
I'm ambivalent to these two teams, but I still like football and I like the commercials too, so I'm inviting a few friends over and hanging out to watch the game in 65" Hi-Def. Not looking forward to Beyonce (is that how it's spelled?) - really, how many football fans (dudes, mostly) are also Beyonce fans? What a lousy choice...

We'll have to find something else to do during half time.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2013, 11:18 AM
(01-02-2013 10:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Where you moving out of and into, Near?

Out of the family house, into a condo with a flatmate. Needed room to breathe, and moving out is also the first step to my coming out atheist to my family. Smile

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Near's post
01-02-2013, 12:11 PM
If I go over to the house of the one person in this town who likes me, they will have been drinking since ...uhh... I was going to say the crack of dawn but Consider now I'm thinking they will probably start drinking at the crack of dawn on Saturday. The guy will be bitchy because his wife has a hangover from the previous day's swilling and their kid will be acting out loudly because his home life is so fucking dysfunctional. I'll feel shitty for the kid but still won't want to be around his obnoxious tantrums.
Since I only wear earplugs when I go to rock concerts, I'm gonna pass up their gracious invitation to - "Bring your own drink and bring something to eat, too... ooh bring that spinach dip you make, we like that.". Dodgy

I might hang with a super bowl get together of atheists in the nearby capital, Topeka - I always crash their parties - but they might actually be interested in the game so even that could be a drag. Blink

It will probably be just a regular Sunday night for me... I usually spend the day in Lawrence, 20 miles east of Topeka; interesting people, great variety of cuisine, and my favorite local art house always has an interesting movie going. Hmm... looks like I can check out that new Danish one, A Royal Affair or the French flick, Amour...I love my art house - I always have beer or wine with my movie.

Oh, I just remembered; a friend gave me a thimble of weed - I haven't done that in years and I found a cheapo dvd copy of Carnival of Souls ... might be interesting. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
01-02-2013, 02:36 PM
(01-02-2013 09:47 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE 49ERS TO RETURN TO THE BIG DANCE SINCE 1994 MAN!!!!!!!!! I was only 5 when that happened dammit. Enjoy your government-run brain-washing programming!!! (I'm channeling my father-in-law's creatard mentality there.)

I'll be working for the government brain-washers all weekend.

But I have lots of homework to do too.

I told my old man to DVR the commercials, though.

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
02-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Hopefully not getting nuked.
02-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Oh, that's tomorrow. Well, it won't be different than any other day of the year in that I won't be watching television and I won't be wondering which group of overgrown mouth breathers in pajamas can wrestle a suppository shaped ball from some other mouth breathers and carry it across a line in the dirt the most times.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
02-02-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure what I'm doing for superbowl sunday. Maybe I'll go watch the game at the pub or something.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
02-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Fill out my my application to become a Veridician, (after I get drunk). Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-02-2013, 01:27 PM
It depends on if my son will be home or not. But his Cowgirls didn't do to well this year, so...

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
02-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Sleeping Thumbsup

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson