• 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 05:59 AM
RE: What wine type do priests use?
They can get their wine here:

http://www.altarwine.com/

Communion wafers here:

http://www.parable.com/shop/church_supplies

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 07:08 AM
[Image: 2mcirly.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
06-09-2015, 07:37 AM
Strong I think. Saying such shit while being sober could be hard.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
06-09-2015, 08:17 AM
(04-09-2015 10:16 PM)cactus Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacramental_wine
Gawd isn't too terribly picky about his wine.

Fun fact, though, some Catholic churches won't let you become a priest if you have celiac disease and can't eat the communion wafers. There are gluten free alternatives, but some Catholics are so fucking hard core that they simply won't accept that as an option. Gawd is all like "real wheat or GTFO, you celiac cunts! How dare you defy my word with your Satan-borne illnesses!!!" so some crafty bastards (or I guess I should say bitches, since it was a bunch of nuns) have outsmarted Gawd and created communion wafers with a gluten content of 100 parts per million: low enough that your body probably won't notice, high enough to officially be classified as "not gluten free" (because Gawd obviously cares a lot about FDA regulations, you know, with how much he told people in the Bible to wash their hands and taught them the germ theory of disease and everything) and most importantly, high enough gluten content that Gawd will still love you. It's a win all around!

Of course god cares about FDA regulations!

God made the USA, it's his favourite nation! Haven't you heard?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
06-09-2015, 09:40 AM
(04-09-2015 10:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 09:58 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Cream of Sam Yung Boi. Big Grin

It's Sum

And you're bad.

Sam was the name of the boi. Big Grin

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
06-09-2015, 12:16 PM
So, where's the church that does communion with bloody marys and kettle-chips? I would consider going there.
11-09-2015, 07:29 PM
What wine type do priests use?
So does it have to be red wine, for blood, or what?

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
11-09-2015, 07:31 PM
What wine type do priests use?
***new wine taste idea: fermented communion

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
13-09-2015, 10:51 PM
Minimum requirements are, as I recall, that it has to be made by hands at some point in its creation and not be pasturized and I'm pretty sure it has to be red wine. Must (as I think it is called) is unfermented wine and is allowed for priests who are former alcoholics. In general it is fortified wine at about 18%. It is not uncommon for seminarians (who are often called to finish the wine) to be quite tipsy by the end of the procession.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
13-09-2015, 11:06 PM
(13-09-2015 10:51 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Minimum requirements are, as I recall, that it has to be made by hands at some point in its creation and not be pasturized and I'm pretty sure it has to be red wine. Must (as I think it is called) is unfermented wine and is allowed for priests who are former alcoholics. In general it is fortified wine at about 18%. It is not uncommon for seminarians (who are often called to finish the wine) to be quite tipsy by the end of the procession.

So what you are saying is that the Church frowns upon Pastorised communion?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.