What woo do you do.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: What woo do you do.
I'm deathly afraid of paranormal shit.
Only reason I can come up with is that when I was a toddler my uncle thought it would be a good idea to watch scary movies. Every time he watched me. He watched me a lot Dodgy
He's also the asshole that gave me red peppers and told me it was candy (I was 3)

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Ouija boards still freak me out a little, with a what if some shit crosses over into our dimension.
Like the movie " PULSE " , some of the scariest shit ive ever seen.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
06-02-2014, 11:09 PM
I have a Ouija Board, but I never use it because I forget to bring it on special days.
06-02-2014, 11:12 PM
(06-02-2014 11:09 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I have a Ouija Board, but I never use it because I forget to bring it on special days.

Fuck with it and let me know if anything happens.
Apparently there are ways of messing with it too make it seem possessed or something so people believe it... I dunno though

Atir aissom atir imon
06-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Well I occassionally read my horoscope.

I do meditate.

Usually with a glass or two of wine.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-02-2014, 11:18 PM
(06-02-2014 11:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well I occassionally read my horoscope.

I do meditate.

But meditation isn't woo... is it? Blink
I thought there was some actual benefits to that?

Atir aissom atir imon
06-02-2014, 11:21 PM
I'm guilty of some woo - but I still think there are sound scientific explanations out there for these things that we just haven't found yet.

In all my years as a mortician, I've never experienced anything paranormal, so my childhood belief in ghosts is dwindling. However, when I was around 6 or 7, I had a dream that a doll my mother made me came to life and told me my grandmother had died. When I woke my mom up to tell her, she yelled at me, but a few hours later we got the phone call. I wasn't particularly close to this grandma or anything. We were in a another state and hadn't seen her more then once or twice in the several years prior to her passing. Just weird shit. Undecided

I have several stories like that, mostly from when I was a child, that simply don't have reasonable explanations. So I don't discount that there are things we can't yet explain with science, especially when it comes to the human brain. There are a lot of unknowns out there.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post
06-02-2014, 11:23 PM
(06-02-2014 11:18 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 11:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well I occassionally read my horoscope.

I do meditate.

But meditation isn't woo... is it? Blink

I believe there are...some do classify tho as woo.

Well they don't deny it's benefits they argue more the rationale behind why it works (third eye or whatever).

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

06-02-2014, 11:26 PM
(06-02-2014 11:21 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  I'm guilty of some woo - but I still think there are sound scientific explanations out there for these things that we just haven't found yet.

In all my years as a mortician, I've never experienced anything paranormal, so my childhood belief in ghosts is dwindling. However, when I was around 6 or 7, I had a dream that a doll my mother made me came to life and told me my grandmother had died. When I woke my mom up to tell her, she yelled at me, but a few hours later we got the phone call. I wasn't particularly close to this grandma or anything. We were in a another state and hadn't seen her more then once or twice in the several years prior to her passing. Just weird shit. Undecided

I have several stories like that, mostly from when I was a child, that simply don't have reasonable explanations. So I don't discount that there are things we can't yet explain with science, especially when it comes to the human brain. There are a lot of unknowns out there.

I had dream where I was in a pretty nice elevator. I stopped at the ground floor into a really nice lobby (something like a 4 star hotel). I walked outside and there were some people feeding a weird squirrel who was all hyped up and jumping around in the bushes (which is weird since it was like LA city).
I dismissed the dream and a few weeks later my mom won a radio contest and took me and my sister to go get the concert tickets. Guess what we saw on the way out? Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
06-02-2014, 11:27 PM
(06-02-2014 11:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 11:18 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  But meditation isn't woo... is it? Blink

I believe there are...some do classify tho as woo.

Well they don't deny it's benefits they argue more the rationale behind why it works (third eye or whatever).

Oh OK, fair enough

Atir aissom atir imon