What woo do you do.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2014, 11:48 AM
RE: What woo do you do.
Would it be considered woo if I talk to my Harley like its a real person ? Unsure

And, NO, its never answered me ...... yet Blush
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2014, 12:08 PM
My dead husband speaks to me.

Of course it's all in my head. I have known him so long that I know everything he would say anyway. So sometimes at decision time he pops into my head...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
07-02-2014, 02:51 PM
(07-02-2014 12:40 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Back in the early '80s I had a serious interest in ceremonial magic and My apartment was Woo Central. In addition to an altar with Golden Dawn-inspired implements on it, I had a comprehensive collection of occult books plus various divination tools -- Yarrow stalks for the I Ching, about a dozen Tarot decks, and even a small crystal ball. In the late 90s I had a Woo Renaissance and added a shitload of semi-precious stones in a huge glass bowl. Seriously, that bowl must've weighed something like 15 pounds and contained upwards of $500 worth of pretty rocks.

Now I'm down to a much smaller rock collection; a single, rather battered Rider-Waite tarot deck, which I keep more for old times' sake; a bag of hand-carved runes in a bag in the nightstand; an ebony wand; a sword with runes on the scabbard; and a dagger. (Oh, and My linen robe for ceremonial whatnot is still kicking around, but is being resewn into something a bit more casual.) The only thing I regularly use is the bag of runes, more as a brainstorming tool than anything else.

I still consider myself Pagan-ish and all Pagans have woo... some more than others. I have a Rider-Waite deck as well (mostly because it's beautiful) and a few scrying tools. I don't there's anything divine to it necessarily but I always pull out the deck or a scrying bowl when faced with a tough decision or situation. I think it sometimes allows me to see a path I hadn't considered before. I think of them as tools to help me unlock parts of my subconscious. There are those who believe in divination as a means of contacting spirits or gods. I don't so much but meh. Different paths to the same end.

undergroundp ' Wrote:  For people who have dreams about things that later happen, keep in mind that those dreams may be triggered by your environment. If you hear about a person being too old for example, you may have a dream that they died and if they are actually too old, they may die in reality too.

You also may hear things while you sleep which are then incorporated in your dream. For example, if someone talks about someone's death while you sleep, you may dream about it, but when you wake up you won't remember hearing it.

I'm sure this is often the case but none of these apply in my specific situation. My grandma's passing was a total surprise - she found a lump in her breast but never breathed a word of it to anyone including her doctor. She died at home without anyone knowing she was sick and had to be taken for autopsy because there was no doctor with any medical history on her.

Also, I deleted too much of that quote and screwed it up.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post
07-02-2014, 03:06 PM
I've posted this before but I think this thread is perfect for the examination of "stochasticity" in an NPR program.

"Do we live in a world of magic and meaning or … is it all just chance and happenstance?"

http://huffduffer.com/tiffehr/5728

Enjoy!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
07-02-2014, 03:06 PM
(07-02-2014 03:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I've posted this before but I think this thread is perfect for the examination of "stochasticity" examined in an 2009 NPR program.

"Do we live in a world of magic and meaning or … is it all just chance and happenstance?"

http://huffduffer.com/tiffehr/5728

Enjoy!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
07-02-2014, 03:07 PM
I think everyone here knows I'm still a touch woo-ish and I'm slowly talking myself out of the woo of the world.

Drinking Beverage

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
07-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Now that I think about it, I've been on my knees and talking to my bike so many times that its become a worship session..... for fucks sake, I've even spilled blood there and talked in tongues....... Crap, I'm so fucked and didnt know it till now. Ohmy

Praise lord Harley ! Dodgy

* (um, sarcasm) for those that dont get it. Drinking Beverage
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
07-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Biocentrism. Now that's some serious woo shit. But I kinda like it. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
07-02-2014, 04:40 PM
(07-02-2014 04:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Biocentrism. Now that's some serious woo shit. But I kinda like it. Tongue

OOOOoooooooooooooooo Quantum mysticism. Thumbsup
heehee Girly

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
07-02-2014, 04:41 PM
I have lots of healing stones, they're really pretty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user