What would YOU think the world would be like if religion never existed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2015, 07:43 PM
What would YOU think the world would be like if religion never existed?
If religion never existed, I'm pretty sure the world would be a lot different than today. I think technology would be more advance and I think the crime rate would be lower, but of course there still obviously would be some sort of crime but it wouldn't be religious related.

Medical technology would be far more advance so we could possibly live longer than we do today.

I think there could be far less poverty in the world.

I'm not sure about the population, there could be more people than today or maybe we have population control. I can see it going both ways, so I'm undecided on that one.

Overall, I think the world be better and possibly happier.

The downside is that a lot of the beautiful landmarks around the world may not exist in the world where religion never existed.

Religion has played a pretty large role throughout history and to think how the world would be if religion never existed, is quite an interesting thought experiment.

What do YOU think?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2015, 07:54 PM
RE: What would YOU think the world would be like if religion never existed?
Like this. The happiest people on earth.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-09-2015, 08:07 PM
It would be heavenly Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-09-2015, 08:08 PM
I think that the conjecture is totally absurd, regardless of the piranha people.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Considering my parents ages at the time of my birth, (mom 38, dad 41) my next older sibling being nine years older than me and, my mom being Catholic, it's fairly safe to say that I probably wouldn't exist.
My younger brother either. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
24-09-2015, 08:38 PM
(24-09-2015 08:17 PM)pablo Wrote:  ... it's fairly safe to say that I probably wouldn't exist.

Pfffft, what makes you think you do?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-09-2015, 08:40 PM
(24-09-2015 08:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 08:17 PM)pablo Wrote:  ... it's fairly safe to say that I probably wouldn't exist.

Pfffft, what makes you think you do?

You replied. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
24-09-2015, 08:42 PM
(24-09-2015 08:40 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 08:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Pfffft, what makes you think you do?

You replied. Big Grin

Bastard.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-09-2015, 08:46 PM
(24-09-2015 08:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 08:40 PM)pablo Wrote:  You replied. Big Grin

Bastard.

Yes, yes I am. Laugh out load
24-09-2015, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2015 08:51 PM by ghostexorcist.)
(24-09-2015 07:43 PM)nerwin Wrote:  If religion never existed, I'm pretty sure the world would be a lot different than today. I think technology would be more advance and I think the crime rate would be lower, but of course there still obviously would be some sort of crime but it wouldn't be religious related.

Medical technology would be far more advance so we could possibly live longer than we do today.

I think there could be far less poverty in the world.

I'm not sure about the population, there could be more people than today or maybe we have population control. I can see it going both ways, so I'm undecided on that one.

Overall, I think the world be better and possibly happier.

The downside is that a lot of the beautiful landmarks around the world may not exist in the world where religion never existed.

Religion has played a pretty large role throughout history and to think how the world would be if religion never existed, is quite an interesting thought experiment.

What do YOU think?

I hate to admit it, but religion played a pivotal role in early human cultural evolution. It served as a social glue and eventually helped regulate larger societies. So it's impossible to say if human society could have progressed beyond the tribal level without the regulatory effects of religion. And let's not forget that many of the great scientific findings were made by individuals wishing to learn more about what they considered to be "God's creation" (this includes Muslims and Hindus).

I think a better question would be what do you think the world today would be like if religion had effectively been driven back to the margins of society during, say, the mid to late 1800s when science was blossoming?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post