What would YOU think the world would be like if religion never existed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2015, 05:01 AM
RE: What would YOU think the world would be like if religion never existed?
Reltzik, I cannot help but think that if you think we could go a hundred years without some fucking nutbag pulling a god out of his ass, you are as guilty of magical thinking as they are. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2015, 05:10 AM
The world would still be full of humans competing for limited resources. Therefore, people would still be doing despicable things to one another and claiming moral reasons for it. The rationales used to justify treating others poorly might be slightly different. There would also be people doing wonderful things for others, although mostly others within their social group.

One would hope women worldwide would be in better circumstances, but I suspect not. One would hope also that science and technology would have progressed faster if thinkers weren't worried about violating religious taboos.
Find all posts by this user
25-09-2015, 08:15 AM
(25-09-2015 05:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Reltzik, I cannot help but think that if you think we could go a hundred years without some fucking nutbag pulling a god out of his ass, you are as guilty of magical thinking as they are. Tongue

I DON'T think that. That's why I said that if we went those hundred years and it didn't happen it would suggest something was drastically different about human psychology.
25-09-2015, 08:54 AM
Flying cars, alien contact, world peace.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
25-09-2015, 09:20 AM
[Image: i4gshdQ.png]

Maybe not, but I'd sure like to give it a try...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP