What would it take?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2013, 06:09 PM
What would it take?
What would it take to temporarily dissolve your skepticism, & cause you to panic.
I totally won't steal your fears & use them against my neighbors and friends.

Well this one gets an A+ for effort. I mean with all that preparation, you wish them luck & success.

But the actual execution of their "trick"? I thought it was...meh. The screaming at the end was over the top, and a certain deal breaker, as far as believing it is concerned, if not any other part of it. Just poor.

For me, unless the thing is as big as one of those life-sized dolls you win at the circus & colored pink or something, a fake spider would do the trick, but that doesn't count, as spiders (some of them quite large) exist. Likewise, pulling a rubber snake on a string (though unimaginably hilarious) would be "cheating" as not everyone is familiar with the coloration of the deadly poisonous ones. It's got to be supernatural. The prank I mean. What would it take?

I'm sure there's some long unused instinct in humans to keep a wary eye on the outer darkness for something furry jumping out & carrying your mates out into the darkness away from the camp fire to eat, but none of those things were shaped like sasquatch (that I know of). So a man in a gorilla suit might do the trick.

I assume the majority population of TTA is less superstitious than the tribals of, say, Bucksnort Arkansas, but I'm of the opinion that EVERYone, no matter how scientifically minded they may be, can be made to crap their pants Evil_monster
So what would it take for you to believe (if only long enough to satisfy my need to dirty your britches) that the devil (or whatever) was after you?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2013, 06:16 PM
RE: What would it take?
live acting doesn't translate well into video, so I guess it was better judging by the peoples' looks... I would've punched the witch if I were there though Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
18-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Have you ever watched Scare Tactics? People are often susceptible to stuff like this.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
18-10-2013, 06:23 PM

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
18-10-2013, 06:24 PM
(18-10-2013 06:16 PM)nach_in Wrote:  live acting doesn't translate well into video, so I guess it was better judging by the peoples' looks... I would've punched the witch if I were there though Tongue

I, also, would find a way to let them know their play wasn't working on me. But I'm sure if enough preparation were to be put into the trick I could, eventually, be "had".
Though it might be dangerous for the tricksters Ohmy I'd hate for the guy in the gorilla suit to find out the hard way that the campers he truly scared the be-jeebus out of were armed against the possible threat of bears!

18-10-2013, 06:26 PM
(18-10-2013 06:22 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Have you ever watched Scare Tactics? People are often susceptible to stuff like this.

Are you saying you are completely impervious to such a ruse? One day we must meet Drinking Beverage

I kid Tongue

18-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Have you ever watched Scare Tactics? People are often susceptible to stuff like this.
Well to think of it fear is a natural reaction to something like this. At the moment you don't know what the fuck is going on and your body just takes over. I suppose I will me momentarily shocked but would have to talk myself down abitTongue

18-10-2013, 06:30 PM
(18-10-2013 06:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 06:22 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Have you ever watched Scare Tactics? People are often susceptible to stuff like this.

Are you saying you are completely impervious to such a ruse? One day we must meet Drinking Beverage

I kid Tongue
I dare you bro! Although I might end up punching what ever jumps out at me. Just ask my brotherTongue I almost broke his nose when he surprised me with a mummy mask, I was 8 to. I can punch harder now.

18-10-2013, 06:32 PM
(18-10-2013 06:30 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 06:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Are you saying you are completely impervious to such a ruse? One day we must meet Drinking Beverage

I kid Tongue
I dare you bro! Although I might end up punching what ever jumps out at me. Just ask my brotherTongue I almost broke his nose when he surprised me with a mummy mask, I was 8 TOO. I can punch harder now.

Fixed. Drinking Beverage

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
18-10-2013, 06:50 PM
(18-10-2013 06:30 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 06:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Are you saying you are completely impervious to such a ruse? One day we must meet Drinking Beverage

I kid Tongue
I dare you bro! Although I might end up punching what ever jumps out at me. Just ask my brotherTongue I almost broke his nose when he surprised me with a mummy mask, I was 8 to. I can punch harder now.

And if this guy was the one in the gorilla suit, and this is what happened to you after punching him...
[Image: the-big-show-interview-20041209025142626.jpg]
AND he somehow had a device that made an incredibly authentic ferocious animal sound...
you wouldn't, even for a short moment, have your senses (that are telling you this has to be a trick) temporarily leave you? Tongue

And if not, what would it take?