What would prove gods malevolence?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: What would prove gods malevolence?
If he exists,i would already say he is the evil one.
If we all live according to his plan,and nothing can happen outside his plan,that means the holocaust was planned,rapes were planned,slavetrading is planned.etc.
It would mean that we are all slaves to god's plan,so to his will.
It would mean god is watching everytime something bad happens and he won't interfere.
It would mean that he creates people simply so they can worship him or to torture humans.
So,yeah,if god existed,he's already the malbenevolent one.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2014, 10:16 PM
(20-02-2014 06:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't think so.

So you don't pray then ?
BTW you don't have "moral agency". Neuroscience has proven (MRI and PET scans) you make decisions BEFORE you are aware of them, completely. Your range of options are totally constrained by the reality of the universe around you, your past actions, and the responses you have learned. You don't have "free will". You are 100 % constrained by the possible electrical pathways in your brain.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-02-2014, 05:32 AM
A girl told me today that god can only be malevolent if he personally tortures every human in the world. If at least one human is not tortured(but the rest are) he is good god.
Talk about some fucking standards LOL
28-02-2014, 08:43 AM
(28-02-2014 05:32 AM)donotwant Wrote:  A girl told me today that god can only be malevolent if he personally tortures every human in the world. If at least one human is not tortured(but the rest are) he is good god.

Ask her if a person that kills just one person (on purpose) is evil or not.
28-02-2014, 08:50 AM
(28-02-2014 08:43 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 05:32 AM)donotwant Wrote:  A girl told me today that god can only be malevolent if he personally tortures every human in the world. If at least one human is not tortured(but the rest are) he is good god.

Ask her if a person that kills just one person (on purpose) is evil or not.

I did that multiple times.
I also asked her what a human who kills 50 people in a brutal way can do in order to compensate like god comepsates his 8 million of people who died from cancer within a year. She said nothing because "a human cannot create a better world".

Another thing she said was that if there are 7000000010 people on earth and 7000000000 are tortured in horrific ways by god and they are rescued by the remaining 10 people. Guess what? God is not evil.
Maybe her brain got eaten by parasites or something I don't know.
28-02-2014, 08:58 AM

God is, according to their view, omnipresent and omnipotent. Everything that happens happens because of him, since he's the one who made time and everything in it, setting every event in motion, while also knowing about it before hand because of the omniscience.

So, unless there's someone on this Earth who has had an absolutely perfect life with no hardship, God does torture all of them.
28-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Eh. She's just playing a semantics game to absolve her god of his evil actions/inactions. Basically, she's fine admitting he does evil things/lets them happen. She just doesn't want to call him evil.
28-02-2014, 09:24 AM
(28-02-2014 09:19 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Eh. She's just playing a semantics game to absolve her god of his evil actions/inactions. Basically, she's fine admitting he does evil things/lets them happen. She just doesn't want to call him evil.

Yeah that's the case. What is even worse when they compare themselves to their god instead of saying their god is evil they instead try to get more evil like their god.
28-02-2014, 09:44 AM
"For evil to flourish, a good man must do nothing" or words to that effect.

To do nothing, when you can easily do something, knowing there is so much pain and anguish in the world, is enough to prove malevolence in my book.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
28-02-2014, 02:00 PM
You seem to know way too many crazies.Dodgy

I doubt there is even one human who doesn't at least get a cold or suffer other disease at some point in their life - well, the only exceptions being ones who die almost immediately after birth. So disease or death - I think her conditions just might be met. She might claim this is a stretch, but I would really have to laugh at her claiming it's me who is stretching. Smartass

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair