What would the Religious Police do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: What would the Religious Police do?
I kept clicking on the button that had the police join in on the dancing and fun times. I knew it was the wrong answer but I did it anyway. Tongue Wouldn't it be great if Religious Police joined in on wedding parties and other festivals? The world would be a much better place, especially in the Middle East.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-03-2016, 09:55 PM
(08-03-2016 07:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 05:47 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I barely pulled one of my subordinates away from beating one of them up when the muttawa smacked buddy's girlfriend's exposed ankles with his staff.

You are in California, the litigation state. Your buddy should sue the pin dick for battery. Much more satisfying to pick his pocket, all legal like. If he doesn't like a little ankle, he can just observe the horizon. Dodgy

No, we were stationed outside Riyadh at the time.
08-03-2016, 10:31 PM
(08-03-2016 09:55 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 07:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You are in California, the litigation state. Your buddy should sue the pin dick for battery. Much more satisfying to pick his pocket, all legal like. If he doesn't like a little ankle, he can just observe the horizon. Dodgy

No, we were stationed outside Riyadh at the time.

Oh. I have a friend who worked on helicopters in Saudi Arabia back in the '90s. He lived in the "American Compound". Is that around Riyadh?
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
08-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Well they should make sure no one wears sweats to church.
Oh.
That's the fashion police.

Never mind.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-03-2016, 01:34 AM
I gave up after failing at three questions in a row. It shows I don't know what they would do.

But here's the thing - existence of religious police is disgrace and that's what really matters.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
09-03-2016, 05:37 AM
The fact that I kept checking off the answers which were the most absurd (and also getting 4/6) is very telling about thrashdi arabia
09-03-2016, 06:22 AM
(08-03-2016 08:18 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I kept clicking on the button that had the police join in on the dancing and fun times. I knew it was the wrong answer but I did it anyway. Tongue Wouldn't it be great if Religious Police joined in on wedding parties and other festivals? The world would be a much better place, especially in the Middle East.

They could rename themselves the party police, anytime they see a group of people that aren't enjoying themselves they could break out some awesome dance moves and hand out money or candy to people.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
10-03-2016, 11:21 PM
They seem really impotent. I was expecting more along the lines of arresting people but for the most part in the explanations it just said that people ignored the police and carried on. The only exception was the last where they interrogated him.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
11-03-2016, 01:28 AM
(08-03-2016 10:31 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 09:55 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No, we were stationed outside Riyadh at the time.

Oh. I have a friend who worked on helicopters in Saudi Arabia back in the '90s. He lived in the "American Compound". Is that around Riyadh?

We lived in Eskan Village, about ten miles outside Riyadh. I'm not sure your buddy was anywhere near there, though. We had no heloes stationed at King Khalid, and with the typically-short range of helicopters, I'd imagine he was closer to the Iraqi border, probably Dhahran.
11-03-2016, 04:51 AM
I was speaking at a conference in Saudi Arabia several years ago. Some of the attendees had flown in from the Gulf States and some were women. The women were ejected by the religious police part way through the first morning. These were women who were professionals and held responsible positions with companies outside Saudi Arabia - most of them were muslim.

Crazy.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)