What would we find if the Great Flood had actually Happened?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 11:24 AM
What would we find if the Great Flood had actually Happened?
http://www.creationism.ws/what_if_flood.htm

Quote:What Would We Expect to Find
if the World had Flooded?

We would expect to observe a uniform, worldwide blanket of randomly sorted boulders, cobbles, sand, and silt overlain by a layer of clay. But this worldwide blanket does not exist.

We would expect to see no sorting in regard to sediment type and size. No creationist has ever explained how the Flood could have deposited layers of heavy sediment on top of layers of lighter sediment.

There would be mega-ripples everywhere such as are seen along the Columbia River formed by the rapid movement of the waters off the land surface. No mega-ripples evident.

There would be no segregation of fossils. If all organisms lived at the same time, we would expect to see trilobites, brachiopods, ammonites, dinosaurs, and mammals (including humans) all randomly mixed together in the worldwide blanket described in point #1. This is not what is observed. The fossil record exhibits an order consistent with the theory of evolution (but inconsistent with creationism).

There are at least five major extinction events, a situation where fossils are abundant below a certain line within the geological layers, but totally absent above that line. There is no way to explain these geological features with a global flood.

Igneous (volcanic) rocks, if they existed at all in flood sediments, would all be in the form of pillow lava, which are extruded underwater. In reality, there are very clearly defined volcanic layers, from which radiometric dates are obtained. So how can we have flat layers of vocanic rock, compressed between other layers, occuring during an "ultramassive flood"?

Metamorphic rocks, as they are formed from previously existing rocks, would not exist in the post-Flood geological layers because the necessary heating and cooling require millions of years for large bodies. All radioactive isotopes which would not have completely decayed away in, say 10,000 years, would exist in nature because those with a moderately short half-life would not have had time to decay.

Lets see if any YEC or bible literalist is willing to tackle all of these common sense questions.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-01-2014, 11:27 AM
RE: What would we find if the Great Flood had actually Happened?
1) Gills, motherfucker.
2) Are you serious right now?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2014, 11:31 AM
1.silt layer
2.fuckishly mutated species

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
09-01-2014, 11:33 AM
aquatic apes

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
09-01-2014, 11:37 AM
No life on earth. Or very little. Most species requiring fresh water would be killed. Most species requiring salt water would be killed by the dilution of the planet's saltwater. And all land creatures would have died, including those on the ark, which would have been a sewage nightmare within hours. The inhabitants to the ark would have died of starvation within weeks. If that.

Plus no trees once the waters went down.

So, if the Great Flood story were true and it happened roughly 5,000-10,000 years ago, I would expect, pretty much, a desolate planet.
[+] 5 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
09-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Well if i follow logic.... i don't think earth would be in one piece.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
09-01-2014, 11:42 AM
(09-01-2014 11:39 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Well if i follow logic.... i don't think earth would be in one piece.

Or it would be very soggy. Like wet bread.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
09-01-2014, 11:47 AM
How about......no living species xept bacteria and fungi

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
09-01-2014, 11:48 AM
I particularly liked the question about how plants were supposed to have tried to run for higher ground.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
09-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Enough water mysterious falls from the sky to raise the sea level 23,000 ft
Most life on earth would be dead, except for life that survives in extreme conditions and these conditions are very extreme.

Almost seems like some kind of wormhole activity.

You might expect that other things in the future may pelt the earth as well. Rocks and soil that would completely cover the world
Maybe over enough time the mass of the earth goes high enough to make our solar system a binary star system.

Lots of binary star systems out there. Maybe that's what happened to them.

I just blew several christian minds

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results