What would we find if the Great Flood had actually Happened?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2014, 04:43 PM
RE: What would we find if the Great Flood had actually Happened?
(12-01-2014 02:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  Uniformitarianism
“The present is the key to the past.”
Uniformitarianism, first postulated by James Hutton in 1795, proposes three primary concepts:
a) there were no processes (such as geologic processes) operating in the past which are not operating now;
b) there are no processes operating now which were not operating in the past; and
c) process rates have not changed.

Because modern scientists observe geologic change to be relatively slow now, many have naturally concluded that geologic processes have always been slow. Yet uniformitarianism, a premise on which much of geologic science is based, is an idea, not a fact.
With our limited knowledge, it presently is a powerful paradigm for examining the earth, and given our ignorance of how the Lord has done things, it does help explain many things. The science that uses the idea has found for us such things as gas, oil, and certain types of minerals.

Yet although uniformitarianism is a powerful perspective, it is still a premise, not a fact.
Uniformitarianism cannot explain all of the oddities and anomalies about the earth.

Further, it neglects a God who can speak and have the dust of the earth obey, who can move mountains at will, and who can divide the Red Sea.

Here, I'll translate:
[Image: It_100a6a_663520.jpg]

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
12-01-2014, 05:36 PM
(12-01-2014 04:43 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 02:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  Uniformitarianism
Uniformitarianism, first postulated by James Hutton in 1795, proposes three primary concepts:
a) there were no processes (such as geologic processes) operating in the past which are not operating now;
b) there are no processes operating now which were not operating in the past; and

Because modern scientists observe geologic change to be relatively slow now, many have naturally concluded that geologic processes have always been slow. Yet uniformitarianism, a premise on which much of geologic science is based, is an idea, not a fact.
With our limited knowledge, it presently is a powerful paradigm for examining the earth, and given our ignorance of how the Lord has done things, it does help explain many things. The science that uses the idea has found for us such things as gas, oil, and certain types of minerals.

Yet although uniformitarianism is a powerful perspective, it is still a premise, not a fact.
Uniformitarianism cannot explain all of the oddities and anomalies about the earth.

Further, it neglects a God who can speak and have the dust of the earth obey, who can move mountains at will, and who can divide the Red Sea.

Here, I'll translate:
[Image: It_100a6a_663520.jpg]
There are things we can not explain yet. And it is not because they are magic.
It is easy for me to believe that dead can be resurrected, it is easy for me to believe that God can speed time or slow time. I know it is possible because even people can do this(change speed of time)

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
12-01-2014, 05:49 PM
(10-01-2014 05:56 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 05:16 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  The flood would cover the tallest mountain,and thats mnt everest.
Mnt.Everest=8850meter
only 40 days
so it had to rain
8870m/(40*24)=9.2meter/day
that is
9.2/60=0.15meter/minute

and this is enough to crash an aircraft,so how did the friggin ark survive

and the record rainfall also never tipped at this noah ark thingy

*cough*

9.2 m/day * 1 day / 24 hr = .38333333333... m/hr * 1 hr / 60 min = about .0064 m / minute.

it should've read
8870/(24*40)=9.2m/hour (my mistake,i wrote day) Weeping
i already divided by 24
Drinking Beverage

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
12-01-2014, 06:09 PM
(12-01-2014 05:49 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 05:56 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  *cough*

9.2 m/day * 1 day / 24 hr = .38333333333... m/hr * 1 hr / 60 min = about .0064 m / minute.

it should've read
8870/(24*40)=9.2m/hour (my mistake,i wrote day) Weeping
i already divided by 24
Drinking Beverage

Yep, that fixes it, I should've tracked it forward from the beginning. That's... what, about the rainfall from a high monsoon? (EDIT: No, definitely much, much worse.) Definitely enough to ground planes. A well-built, custom-designed ship with loads of scuppers, watertight deck, and no way for the lower compartments to flood could survive it. But probably not wooden hobby projects that have been sitting (and maybe rotting) in drydock for... what, over a century?... and are just now getting their first shakedown cruise.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
13-01-2014, 03:10 AM
(12-01-2014 02:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 11:24 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.creationism.ws/what_if_flood.htm

Lets see if any YEC or bible literalist is willing to tackle all of these common sense questions.

Uniformitarianism

Alla, all we have ever observed is slow movement. All of the observable evidence points to slow movement. Does that guarantee it was uniform in the past? No. But until we have any evidence to the contrary, it is the most probable, reasonable, and logical inference we can make judging from all of the evidence we do have.

So if you want to posit that it was not uniform, in the face of all evidence to the contrary and with no evidence to back up your own assertion, we have ever obligation to laugh at you and tell you to 'fuck off'. You can't throw out something that does work for nothing that doesn't.

Also, if you're going to just copy-paste bullshit from some Mormon apologist website, don't forget to insert the web address to cite your source. Not doing so is considered plagiarism, and is considered very poor form. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]