What would you die for?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: What would you die for?
(14-11-2012 02:30 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 05:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  So what age do you think is old enough to exit? And how old are you now?
Dom, he must be approaching his 30ieth, 'cause he's backtracking like crazyWink

here it is, documented for posterity:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ath?page=4
My guess - late twenties Yes
Might I ask why people confuse vagueness with "backtracking"? Obviously suicide is not something one would be 100% open about. "Helpful" people tend to invade your business when that happens. With that being the case, it behoves one's self to be cryptic about whatever they may or may not be planning.

If you compare any statements made on my part, you'll see that I never make any concrete claims. Everything is really quite vague.

No backtracking here Big Grin Just a guy having his personal thoughts and people gently poking around for answers that they're not necessarily entitled to.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
14-11-2012, 03:18 PM
(14-11-2012 03:15 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Might I ask why people confuse vagueness with "backtracking"? Obviously suicide is not something one would be 100% open about. "Helpful" people tend to invade your business when that happens. With that being the case, it behoves one's self to be cryptic about whatever they may or may not be planning.

If you compare any statements made on my part, you'll see that I never make any concrete claims. Everything is really quite vague.

No backtracking here Big Grin Just a guy having his personal thoughts and people gently poking around for answers that they're not necessarily entitled to.
And it behoves us to poke you for fun, if we feel so inclined.

Which obviously we did. Drinking Beverage
Hmm, that didn't come out quite as I meant it... Oh well...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
14-11-2012, 03:24 PM
(14-11-2012 03:18 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(14-11-2012 03:15 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Might I ask why people confuse vagueness with "backtracking"? Obviously suicide is not something one would be 100% open about. "Helpful" people tend to invade your business when that happens. With that being the case, it behoves one's self to be cryptic about whatever they may or may not be planning.

And it behoves us to poke you for fun, if we feel so inclined.

Which obviously we did. Drinking Beverage
Hmm, that didn't come out quite as I meant it... Oh well...
While I can appreciate a good "poking" for the sake of amusement; there are some "special places" which are only to be touched by me or a doctor Wink

14-11-2012, 03:32 PM
(14-11-2012 03:24 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  there are some "special places" which are only to be touched by me or a doctor Wink
I thought you had that problem taken care of. Laughat

14-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Nah, I tried, but the eurologist's eyes got all huge and she had to phone an expert. She said "This is too much for me to handle."

...Didn't stop me. Cool

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
14-11-2012, 06:13 PM
(14-11-2012 03:15 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(14-11-2012 02:30 AM)Vera Wrote:  Dom, he must be approaching his 30ieth, 'cause he's backtracking like crazyWink

here it is, documented for posterity:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ath?page=4
My guess - late twenties Yes
Might I ask why people confuse vagueness with "backtracking"? Obviously suicide is not something one would be 100% open about. "Helpful" people tend to invade your business when that happens. With that being the case, it behoves one's self to be cryptic about whatever they may or may not be planning.

What a minute, are you Mitt Romney?

14-11-2012, 06:17 PM
(14-11-2012 06:13 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  

What a minute, are you Mitt Romney?
Exclamation Someone talked! *Bolts out the door*

14-11-2012, 06:40 PM
I wondered what he was going to next. Welcome to TTA, Mittanthropik.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0q2eGAjy...ata_player

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
15-11-2012, 02:34 AM
(14-11-2012 03:50 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Nah, I tried, but the eurologist's eyes got all huge and she had to phone an expert. She said "This is too much for me to handle."

...Didn't stop me. Cool
Oh, the hilarity of testosterone talking
[Image: muscle-flexing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
15-11-2012, 05:33 AM
(12-11-2012 07:24 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 04:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I specifically recall you saying you'd off yourself by the time you were a certain age, either thirty, or forty, just for the sake of not wanting to live beyond some preset age in which you feel life would start to decline in its appeal, yet you would not want to die to make a positive impact? I think you are wrong. Given a set of circumstances, I believe you would sacrifice yourself, even if you can't imagine yourself doing it. Of course no one knows for certain unless the decision must be made.

lol. Whatever you say, bud. Wink

Really, my eventual suicide should actually *further* put things into perspective. It implies that I'm ok with skipping out instead of sticking around to make an impact - be it positive or negative. So, with that being the case, it should make even MORE sense that I'd be unlikely to sacrifice myself for any cause or group.

But, like I said: whatever you say. Thumbsup

I don't think you are correct in your assumption. I agree with misanthropik on this one. I can imagine sacrificing myself for my closest loved ones, but that is where I draw the line. If there were three choices in the event of a disaster in which humanity could very well die off me die to save everyone else, me do nothing and everyone including me gets wiped out, or me warn whoever I can and then get the fuck out of harms way, I choose the 3rd option. In the event that the third option is not possible, I would go with the second. I too see humans as evil fucks as a whole. If we live long enough, we might become better than just another plague. I wouldn't count on it though, we will probably just become a stronger harder to kill plague.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post