What would you die for?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2012, 07:40 AM
RE: What would you die for?
(11-11-2012 06:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ]

Not so great to have it taken away from you when you've been accustomed to it all of your adult life. It is great to have it restored pharmaceutically after you've been without it for a while and can now appreciate how to use and manipulate it properly. Big Grin
Well, babies love their blankies (hate this word with a passion), too, but they manage to muddle through without them somehow Cool

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2012, 04:29 PM
(11-11-2012 02:42 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I kept flipping and turning the question around in my mind; trying to figure out why I was having such trouble answering it.

Then I realized that I'm a cold, unfeeling machine with sociopathic tendancies and a strict adherance to logic. To me, the question might as well have been "Which type of water do you thrive in; salt-water or fresh-water?"

I believe it was at that point that most normal people would have "suddenly felt very alone". But I couldn't help but notice a lack of that feeling.

Truly, OP's original list of "things to die for" not only felt very alien to me, but in fact made me feel rather uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, I can understand dying for close loved-ones - even if I wouldn't necessarily do it - but when he starts talking about larger groups and ideals...just makes me feel weird. Dying for all of Mankind? Really? Sorry, but if I'm in some sort of sci-fi movie situation and the fate of Mankind rests on my valiant act of self-sacrifice...well...that movie's gonna have a bleak ending. Mankind is the greatest evil, in my book. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

But, that's me.
I specifically recall you saying you'd off yourself by the time you were a certain age, either thirty, or forty, just for the sake of not wanting to live beyond some preset age in which you feel life would start to decline in its appeal, yet you would not want to die to make a positive impact? I think you are wrong. Given a set of circumstances, I believe you would sacrifice yourself, even if you can't imagine yourself doing it. Of course no one knows for certain unless the decision must be made.

12-11-2012, 04:31 PM
(12-11-2012 04:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 02:42 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I kept flipping and turning the question around in my mind; trying to figure out why I was having such trouble answering it.

Then I realized that I'm a cold, unfeeling machine with sociopathic tendancies and a strict adherance to logic. To me, the question might as well have been "Which type of water do you thrive in; salt-water or fresh-water?"

I believe it was at that point that most normal people would have "suddenly felt very alone". But I couldn't help but notice a lack of that feeling.

Truly, OP's original list of "things to die for" not only felt very alien to me, but in fact made me feel rather uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, I can understand dying for close loved-ones - even if I wouldn't necessarily do it - but when he starts talking about larger groups and ideals...just makes me feel weird. Dying for all of Mankind? Really? Sorry, but if I'm in some sort of sci-fi movie situation and the fate of Mankind rests on my valiant act of self-sacrifice...well...that movie's gonna have a bleak ending. Mankind is the greatest evil, in my book. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

But, that's me.
I specifically recall you saying you'd off yourself by the time you were a certain age, either thirty, or forty, just for the sake of not wanting to live beyond some preset age in which you feel life would start to decline in its appeal, yet you would no want to die to make a positive impact. I think you are wrong. Given a set of circumstances, I believe you would sacrifice yourself, even if you can't imagine yourself doing it. Of course no one knows for certain unless the decision must be made.
If he can't imagine himself doing it, I can imagine sacrificing him with little problem!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
12-11-2012, 04:44 PM
(12-11-2012 07:40 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 06:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not so great to have it taken away from you when you've been accustomed to it all of your adult life. It is great to have it restored pharmaceutically after you've been without it for a while and can now appreciate how to use and manipulate it properly. Big Grin
Well, babies love their blankies (hate this word with a passion), too, but they manage to muddle through without them somehow Cool

Living as a sexless depressed pussy with a limp dick ain't quite the same as living without my blankie (just ask Hellbound if you don't believe me). But I wouldn't expect you to be able to appreciate that. But you'll get at least a taste of it in a decade or 2. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-11-2012, 04:51 PM
(12-11-2012 04:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Living as a sexless depressed pussy with a limp dick ain't quite the same as living without my blankie (just ask Hellbound if you don't believe me). But I wouldn't expect you to be able to appreciate that. But you'll get at least a taste of it in a decade or 2. Tongue
Huh
But it must be good to finally reach a point in your life when you're not constantly trying to prove to everyone how big it (or they) is (are) Consider

12-11-2012, 04:59 PM
(12-11-2012 04:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 07:40 AM)Vera Wrote:  Well, babies love their blankies (hate this word with a passion), too, but they manage to muddle through without them somehow Cool

Living as a sexless depressed pussy with a limp dick ain't quite the same as living without my blankie (just ask Hellbound if you don't believe me). But I wouldn't expect you to be able to appreciate that. But you'll get at least a taste of it in a decade or 2. Tongue
TESTEfy, Brother Girly!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
12-11-2012, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 05:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-11-2012 04:51 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 04:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Living as a sexless depressed pussy with a limp dick ain't quite the same as living without my blankie (just ask Hellbound if you don't believe me). But I wouldn't expect you to be able to appreciate that. But you'll get at least a taste of it in a decade or 2. Tongue
Huh

Oh, trust me, I've seen the effects of menopause up close and personal. It wasn't pleasant. Not all men experience their fellas going into early retirement but all women do. Wait for it and then get back to me. Drinking Beverage

12-11-2012, 05:16 PM
(12-11-2012 05:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 04:51 PM)Vera Wrote:  Huh

Oh, trust me, I've seen the effects of menopause up close and personal. It wasn't pleasant. Not all men experience their fellas going into early retirement but all women do. Wait for it and then get back to me. Drinking Beverage
What makes you think you'll still be around when that happens? Laughat

12-11-2012, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 10:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-11-2012 05:16 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 05:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh, trust me, I've seen the effects of menopause up close and personal. It wasn't pleasant. Not all men experience their fellas going into early retirement but all women do. Wait for it and then get back to me. Drinking Beverage
What makes you think you'll still be around when that happens? Laughat

What makes you think I could give less of a shit whether I'm still around or not?

12-11-2012, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 07:28 PM by Misanthropik.)
(12-11-2012 04:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  

But, that's me.
I specifically recall you saying you'd off yourself by the time you were a certain age, either thirty, or forty, just for the sake of not wanting to live beyond some preset age in which you feel life would start to decline in its appeal, yet you would not want to die to make a positive impact? I think you are wrong. Given a set of circumstances, I believe you would sacrifice yourself, even if you can't imagine yourself doing it. Of course no one knows for certain unless the decision must be made.
lol. Whatever you say, bud. Wink

Really, my eventual suicide should actually *further* put things into perspective. It implies that I'm ok with skipping out instead of sticking around to make an impact - be it positive or negative. So, with that being the case, it should make even MORE sense that I'd be unlikely to sacrifice myself for any cause or group.

But, like I said: whatever you say. Thumbsup

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user