What would you die for?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2012, 07:25 PM
RE: What would you die for?
(12-11-2012 04:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 04:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I specifically recall you saying you'd off yourself by the time you were a certain age, either thirty, or forty, just for the sake of not wanting to live beyond some preset age in which you feel life would start to decline in its appeal, yet you would no want to die to make a positive impact. I think you are wrong. Given a set of circumstances, I believe you would sacrifice yourself, even if you can't imagine yourself doing it. Of course no one knows for certain unless the decision must be made.
If he can't imagine himself doing it, I can imagine sacrificing him with little problem!
I feel like I should be offended....but, eh.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2012, 07:58 PM
What would you die for?
(12-11-2012 07:25 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 04:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  If he can't imagine himself doing it, I can imagine sacrificing him with little problem!
I feel like I should be offended....but, eh.

You really should have the opposite reaction. I've rarely made that offer for anyone else. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-11-2012, 09:05 PM
(12-11-2012 07:24 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 04:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I specifically recall you saying you'd off yourself by the time you were a certain age, either thirty, or forty, just for the sake of not wanting to live beyond some preset age in which you feel life would start to decline in its appeal, yet you would not want to die to make a positive impact? I think you are wrong. Given a set of circumstances, I believe you would sacrifice yourself, even if you can't imagine yourself doing it. Of course no one knows for certain unless the decision must be made.
lol. Whatever you say, bud. Wink

Really, my eventual suicide should actually *further* put things into perspective. It implies that I'm ok with skipping out instead of sticking around to make an impact - be it positive or negative. So, with that being the case, it should make even MORE sense that I'd be unlikely to sacrifice myself for any cause or group.

But, like I said: whatever you say. Thumbsup
Well, you (probably) know yourself better than I do, it's just difficult for me to think that you die for no meaningful purpose before a meaningful one, and I truly hope you are being insincere with us, and if you believe it, I hope your being insincere with yourself too. Hell, even taking out some truly hideous excuses for humans along with yourself would be okay with me. Eh, whatever, if your happy I'm happy.

12-11-2012, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 09:35 PM by Misanthropik.)
(12-11-2012 09:05 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 07:24 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  lol. Whatever you say, bud. Wink

Really, my eventual suicide should actually *further* put things into perspective. It implies that I'm ok with skipping out instead of sticking around to make an impact - be it positive or negative. So, with that being the case, it should make even MORE sense that I'd be unlikely to sacrifice myself for any cause or group.

But, like I said: whatever you say. Thumbsup
Well, you (probably) know yourself better than I do, it's just difficult for me to think that you die for no meaningful purpose before a meaningful one, and I truly hope you are being insincere with us, and if you believe it, I hope your being insincere with yourself too. Hell, even taking out some truly hideous excuses for humans along with yourself would be okay with me. Eh, whatever, if your happy I'm happy.

Forgive me for having to say this, but you are exhibiting an unsettling amount of naiveté. Some people truly are so empty and disconnected that they'd fail to act as normal people might act in certain situations. That's not a bad thing, of course, but it does occur. Not everyone will step up to the "ultimate nobility" if given the opportunity.

"...you (probably) know yourself better than I do..."

Of course I do. I met me when I was 19 and we've been joined at the hip ever since (that's funnier than you think it is). How could there possibly be even a hint of a doubt that I know myself better than you do? Are you fucking serious?

Lastly, why should I not be sincere about this? In the past, on the rare occasions when I've expressed my hidden sentiments, I've been told that I'm not serious, or that I'm fooling myself, or (most infuriating) that I'm "trying to be cool". This is a forum in which many of us are able to express our inner-most feelings and ideals in relative anonymity. For some, it's the only place we feel "safe" enough to do so (be it in the emotional, or the tactical sense of the word). Why, might I ask, would I be insincere about sentiments which may very-well alienate others? Who likes a misanthropic psychopath? Unless he's a character on TV; not many people. If there were to be any insincerity, one would think it would be positive. That's what tends to keep things running smoothly between people. So, if I were to be insincere about the things I've been saying thus far, it begs the question: what would be the purpose?

You can hope all you want, bud. This is me. Personally, I'm not sure why it's an issue. I've never had much trouble with it...

Anyway, yes, I'm quite content. If that's what it takes for you to sleep well tonight, then, there it is.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
12-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Fucking Dark Light... what a puppy dog. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
12-11-2012, 11:29 PM
(12-11-2012 10:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fucking Dark Light... what a puppy dog. Dodgy
Kinky fucker
12-11-2012, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 11:36 PM by morondog.)
If I had time to think about it, I think I'd struggle. Sacrificing myself - not something that I'd do naturally. There's some people I might... but can't really say for sure. Far more likely to happen e.g. if there's a split second decision to be made and I just have a go. Those kinds of situations... not sure how often they crop up. Haven't ever been in one.

OTOH, as someone else pointed out, most of the time, you go into a situation where you're pretty sure you'll be OK and it goes pear shaped all of a sudden - like if you're swimming and someone's caught in a rip tide - a friend of mine once pulled someone out of one of those. But he obviously didn't think 'I might die', he thought 'there's someone in trouble over there, I'll just go yank 'em out, 'cos I'm awesome like that'... but he *could* have died...
13-11-2012, 02:01 AM
(12-11-2012 05:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Wait for it and then get back to me.

(12-11-2012 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What makes you think I couldn't give less of a shit whether I'm still around or not?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
13-11-2012, 05:13 AM
Everytime I see this thread, I go, "my Gwynnies!" And unlike the rest of you chowderheads, I've actually had a gun to my head in a random situation, and from what I can tell, you guys are full of hot air. You don't seem to realize that being willing to die for something goes hand in hand with being willing to kill for something. I don't see anybody pimping that side of the equation... Angry

(This relapse into psychopathy brought to you by the letters F and U, and by the number eat a dick, Mark Fulton.)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
13-11-2012, 05:15 AM
(13-11-2012 05:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Everytime I see this thread, I go, "my Gwynnies!" And unlike the rest of you chowderheads, I've actually had a gun to my head in a random situation, and from what I can tell, you guys are full of hot air. You don't seem to realize that being willing to die for something goes hand in hand with being willing to kill for something. I don't see anybody pimping that side of the equation... Angry

(This relapse into psychopathy brought to you by the letters F and U, and by the number eat a dick, Mark Fulton.)
haha... I guess. Consider

In all seriousness, I was thinking about asking the very same question myself. But then realised the answer would be pretty much the same - no way of knowing unless you are in such a situation. Everything else is conjecture and wishful thinking.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."