What would you die for?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 05:28 AM
RE: What would you die for?
(13-11-2012 05:15 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 05:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Everytime I see this thread, I go, "my Gwynnies!" And unlike the rest of you chowderheads, I've actually had a gun to my head in a random situation, and from what I can tell, you guys are full of hot air. You don't seem to realize that being willing to die for something goes hand in hand with being willing to kill for something. I don't see anybody pimping that side of the equation... Angry

(This relapse into psychopathy brought to you by the letters F and U, and by the number eat a dick, Mark Fulton.)
haha... I guess. Consider

In all seriousness, I was thinking about asking the very same question myself. But then realised the answer would be pretty much the same - no way of knowing unless you are in such a situation. Everything else is conjecture and wishful thinking.
It is interesting to note how ingrained these concepts are. DL, above, practically pleading with Mis almost "for the sake of his noble humanity." A coupla months back I had it going through my head, the "noble cause" and the "call to arms" and how the fuck is lopping people's heads off with a broadsword the path to honor? And who the fuck needs honor anyway?

But still, I love my Gwynnies! And if I had the opportunity to pull some asinine stunt for the imagined gleam in her eye, scratch one psycho. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2012, 05:39 AM
(13-11-2012 05:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 05:15 AM)Vera Wrote:  haha... I guess. Consider

In all seriousness, I was thinking about asking the very same question myself. But then realised the answer would be pretty much the same - no way of knowing unless you are in such a situation. Everything else is conjecture and wishful thinking.
It is interesting to note how ingrained these concepts are. DL, above, practically pleading with Mis almost "for the sake of his noble humanity." A coupla months back I had it going through my head, the "noble cause" and the "call to arms" and how the fuck is lopping people's heads off with a broadsword the path to honor? And who the fuck needs honor anyway?

But still, I love my Gwynnies! And if I had the opportunity to pull some asinine stunt for the imagined gleam in her eye, scratch one psycho. Big Grin
Hehe.

Actually I'm sure a lot of people would die for something or someone. Even more people would kill (for even less). It's just that unless you are right there, with a gun to your head or holding a gun to someone else's head you can't possibly know for sure.

Hey, I've even thought about what I would've done had I lived in Nazi Germany. It's easy nowadays to anathemise those people and wonder how they could follow orders that were plainly wrong, but how can I be sure I wouldn't have done the same under the same circumstances (and I hate following orders). Hey, we had the Milgram experiment in the sixties and you'd think that the one thing we would've learnt from WWII is to not follow orders blindly.

Also, the worst thing I've ever felt in my life was in a dream where I stabbed someone to death. It was extremely realistic and even in a dream the guilt is indescribable. Yet, I can now imagine scenarios where I would be willing to kill. And again - I might not do it. Because this is all conjecture. And honestly, I don't want to find out.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
13-11-2012, 06:17 AM
Yeah, there's another thing. Ignorant fuckers talking out the sides of their necks about killing Hitler if they lived there and then, and getting all righteous with those who disagree. Curiously, however, there is no paucity of evil motherfuckers in the world distinctly not getting killed by these moralizing motherfuckers.

Kriegsmarine. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-11-2012, 06:29 AM
Give my life, nothing springs to mind. Place myself in a position where its torn from me, the usual.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
13-11-2012, 06:34 AM
(13-11-2012 06:17 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah, there's another thing. Ignorant fuckers talking out the sides of their necks about killing Hitler if they lived there and then, and getting all righteous with those who disagree. Curiously, however, there is no paucity of evil motherfuckers in the world distinctly not getting killed by these moralizing motherfuckers.

Kriegsmarine. Thumbsup
Yeah, and I'm willing to bet all I have, that those same morally superior idiots would've been the most obedient back then. The capacity of people to delude themselves about who they are and what they are in/capable of, as well as to feed their egos with crap, never ceases to amaze.

Speaking of Hitler (and dreams, earlier), I once dreamt he was my roommate and I was a young black man. Everyone else thought he was a nice guy, but he wanted to kill me for being black and no one believed me... which resulted in a lot of chasing around the house Unsure
(Didn't quite get the last one though, my war history sucks. On purpose).

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-11-2012, 06:40 AM
The Navy was the farthest removed from the extremes of fascism, with the u-boat crowd being nearly... subversive. Angel

But that's where I'd be, engine man on a sub. I have no delusions about my inability to shut my hole. Thumbsup

13-11-2012, 06:55 AM
(13-11-2012 06:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I have no delusions about my inability to shut my hole. Thumbsup
I wish I was so sure about myself, too. But fear and the preservation instinct are powerful driving forces, and while I've always thought that if I had to choose between causing suffering to someone else or suffering myself, I'd choose the latter, I can never be truly sure...

13-11-2012, 07:03 AM
(13-11-2012 06:55 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 06:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I have no delusions about my inability to shut my hole. Thumbsup
I wish I was so sure about myself, too. But fear and the preservation instinct are powerful driving forces, and while I've always thought that if I had to choose between causing suffering to someone else or suffering myself, I'd choose the latter, I can never be truly sure...
Yeah, but I'm old. And not being sure does not affect my ability to act like I'm sure. Big Grin

But that dang Gwynnies, I don't do much "fear and preservation instinct." Well, the Gwynnies or the psychopathy... Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-11-2012, 07:14 AM
(13-11-2012 07:03 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And not being sure does not affect my ability to act like I'm sure. Big Grin
True, but I tend to avoid letting my mouth write cheques a certain other part of my anatomy cannot cover Cool

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Been reading the latest comments...If it's any consolation, I'd be more than willing to kill for something. Big Grin
Just throwin' that out there.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post