What would you die for?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 02:56 PM
RE: What would you die for?
(13-11-2012 02:48 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  If it's any consolation, I'd be more than willing to kill for something. Big Grin
Just throwin' that out there.
Nope, not really. Just thrown' it back to you Wink

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-11-2012, 03:01 PM
(13-11-2012 02:48 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Been reading the latest comments...If it's any consolation, I'd be more than willing to kill for something. Big Grin
Just throwin' that out there.

Reminds me of General Patton:
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
13-11-2012, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 03:57 PM by Dark Light.)
(12-11-2012 09:30 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Forgive me for having to say this, but you are exhibiting an unsettling amount of naiveté. Some people truly are so empty and disconnected that they'd fail to act as normal people might act in certain situations. That's not a bad thing, of course, but it does occur. Not everyone will step up to the "ultimate nobility" if given the opportunity.

"...you (probably) know yourself better than I do..."

Of course I do. I met me when I was 19 and we've been joined at the hip ever since (that's funnier than you think it is). How could there possibly be even a hint of a doubt that I know myself better than you do? Are you fucking serious?

Lastly, why should I not be sincere about this? In the past, on the rare occasions when I've expressed my hidden sentiments, I've been told that I'm not serious, or that I'm fooling myself, or (most infuriating) that I'm "trying to be cool". This is a forum in which many of us are able to express our inner-most feelings and ideals in relative anonymity. For some, it's the only place we feel "safe" enough to do so (be it in the emotional, or the tactical sense of the word). Why, might I ask, would I be insincere about sentiments which may very-well alienate others? Who likes a misanthropic psychopath? Unless he's a character on TV; not many people. If there were to be any insincerity, one would think it would be positive. That's what tends to keep things running smoothly between people. So, if I were to be insincere about the things I've been saying thus far, it begs the question: what would be the purpose?

You can hope all you want, bud. This is me. Personally, I'm not sure why it's an issue. I've never had much trouble with it...

Anyway, yes, I'm quite content. If that's what it takes for you to sleep well tonight, then, there it is.
Big Grin I wasn't serious. Maybe I should use more winky-face emoticons? Anyway, yeah I do sincerely hope you are wrong, but I would not seriously suggest that I, a nearly perfect stranger, would know you better than yourself. Maybe we should hug, or high-five, or have a three way with a hooker or something? Maybe all three...Anyway, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Smoke a joint a take a nap.

Also, quit trying to act so cool, you're not Wink Notice the winky face?

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
13-11-2012, 05:07 PM
(12-11-2012 07:24 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 04:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I specifically recall you saying you'd off yourself by the time you were a certain age, either thirty, or forty, just for the sake of not wanting to live beyond some preset age in which you feel life would start to decline in its appeal, yet you would not want to die to make a positive impact? I think you are wrong. Given a set of circumstances, I believe you would sacrifice yourself, even if you can't imagine yourself doing it. Of course no one knows for certain unless the decision must be made.

lol. Whatever you say, bud. Wink

Really, my eventual suicide should actually *further* put things into perspective. It implies that I'm ok with skipping out instead of sticking around to make an impact - be it positive or negative. So, with that being the case, it should make even MORE sense that I'd be unlikely to sacrifice myself for any cause or group.

But, like I said: whatever you say. Thumbsup

So what age do you think is old enough to exit? And how old are you now?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-11-2012, 09:18 PM
(13-11-2012 05:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 07:24 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  lol. Whatever you say, bud. Wink

Really, my eventual suicide should actually *further* put things into perspective. It implies that I'm ok with skipping out instead of sticking around to make an impact - be it positive or negative. So, with that being the case, it should make even MORE sense that I'd be unlikely to sacrifice myself for any cause or group.

I don't really have an age in mind. I simply know that I will not put myself through the demoralizing ordeal of memory-loss, muscular atrophy, bowel-voiding, sensory impairment and the god-awful turkey-neck which will TOTALLY ruin my tattoo scheme. I respect myself far too much for that.

If you consider my name; it's safe to say that whenever I decide I've had enough of this place is when I'll quietly take my leave. In the meantime, however, there are quite a few things I wish to do. So, I'm not worried about it.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2012, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 11:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-11-2012 05:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And unlike the rest of you chowderheads, I've actually had a gun to my head in a random situation, and from what I can tell, you guys are full of hot air.

Bah, Chas at least has admittedly been there too. Tongue Not a gun for me, but I like having an Exit Bag full of nitrogen at the ready and staring at it and contemplating the abyss when I feel the need. No muss, no fuss, no mess, no pain, won't even notice, undetectable in an autopsy. Just gotta get somebody to agree to throw away the bag and the canister. And I don't even gotta worry 'bout that 'cause there's no suicide exclusion clause in my $930K life insurance policy. Fucking staring at that Go Bag when I need to has kept me alive for a long time now. Not only can I check out anytime the fuck I like, I can fucking leave. And that is what keeps me here. That Go Bag is my Gwynnies. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
14-11-2012, 02:30 AM
(13-11-2012 05:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 07:24 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  lol. Whatever you say, bud. Wink

Dom, he must be approaching his 30ieth, 'cause he's backtracking like crazyWink

here it is, documented for posterity:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ath?page=4
My guess - late twenties Yes

14-11-2012, 12:27 PM
(14-11-2012 02:30 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 05:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  So what age do you think is old enough to exit? And how old are you now?
Dom, he must be approaching his 30ieth, 'cause he's backtracking like crazyWink

That's precisely what I guessed as well.

14-11-2012, 12:44 PM
(14-11-2012 12:27 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(14-11-2012 02:30 AM)Vera Wrote:  Dom, he must be approaching his 30ieth, 'cause he's backtracking like crazyWink

That's precisely what I guessed as well.

We should start a pool goingWink

14-11-2012, 12:54 PM
(13-11-2012 09:18 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 05:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  So what age do you think is old enough to exit? And how old are you now?
I don't really have an age in mind. I simply know that I will not put myself through the demoralizing ordeal of memory-loss, muscular atrophy, bowel-voiding, sensory impairment and the god-awful turkey-neck which will TOTALLY ruin my tattoo scheme. I respect myself far too much for that.

If you consider my name; it's safe to say that whenever I decide I've had enough of this place is when I'll quietly take my leave. In the meantime, however, there are quite a few things I wish to do. So, I'm not worried about it.

I can relate to this.

I have always been of the same attitude. I decided in my twenties that I would drink myself into oblivion by the time I was thirty.

I may have managed it. How would I know?

That age of oblivion was always roughly 15-20 years ahead. Now, however, the symptoms you state are beginning to show, particularly the muscular atrophy and the memory...

Blink

...forgotten what I was talking about.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post