What would you do...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2012, 05:53 PM
What would you do...
with $100, 000, 000 lottery prize?

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2012, 06:41 PM
RE: What would you do...
(31-01-2012 05:53 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  with $100, 000, 000 lottery prize?

First thing is to make sure I pay the damn taxes so I don't end up on the receiving end of my cellmate's amorous intentions. Then I'd buy up the houses on my block for my poor ass son and his tribe of 7, my poor ass mother, and my poor ass brother and his tribe of 7. That'd leave me with about $59,400,000. Reserve the $400,000 for several decades worth of booze and weed and I got $59,000,000 I got no clue what to do with. ... Guess I'd probably try to get a lunch date with Bill Gates or Warren Buffett (I'm buying) to try and get some expert advice. One thing I'm sure I wouldn't do is quit my job. I'm 27 years into it already, no way I'm giving up my pension at this point. Smile

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-01-2012, 06:54 PM
After setting up my son and myself for life I would open a centre for 'women in trouble' and a centre for the homeless and oversee them to make sure they run properly.
I would also like to help the starving children around the world as well as educating the poor to help themselves by giving them the resources to be self sufficient but it would be difficult as 'third world' country governments and others would definately try to stop that - always fucking greed and corruption gets in the way of everything!!!
There would probably be other things I'd do but would have to think more...

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
31-01-2012, 06:55 PM
It all depends upon where I win it, and how much in taxes I have to pay. Living outside the US, I don't pay taxes.
I would then take care of the daughter's educational needs - although most of that is taken care of. Then I would place my family and myself in a very secure, yet secluded location on this earth...

Oh yeah... I would buy a goat. Gotta have a goat!

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
[+] 1 user Likes arcticspear's post
31-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Sad

I hate this game. But I always play it.

I would do as girly suggested, and take care of all my loved ones. Then make sure we're all as healthy as money can buy. I would invest a large portion, and then start looking at charities.
Not just charities though, I would be willing to entertain scientists too, looking for private funding, you know the kind that has no special interest.
That's a lot of cash. Chances are most of it would end up in cancer research. The kinds not funded by the pill makers. Those never seem to get anywhere.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2012, 06:20 AM
i would also take care of some people first, with the rest I would buy or build a really nice house for me and my hun and put nice furniture in, I would exchange our wardrobe with a nice wardrobe, I would buy one or two houses and rent them and if something would be left I'd start off an own business and/or let the rest of the money work on a saving account

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2012, 06:42 AM
er... fix up the family with good life then go wandering... Spend some time doing all the stuff I wish I could but don't have time for. If I meet cool people offload some of the cash on them to help out with whatever they're doing...
01-02-2012, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2012 07:50 AM by Zat.)
I would finish my ongoing project of as total independence from the corporate bastards as possible. Finish the solar system and get off the grid (will next year anyway), insulate the house more, expand the greenhouse, have a full basement dug under the house (only crawl-space now) and add a wind turbine to my pwer-supply.

After that I would start a dog and cat rescue service in a big way.

When it is all done and I still have money and energy, I would start a private school to teach anyone how to think critically and independently. Would teach Math and Physics classes too, of course.

Beauty is, though, that I can do ALL of these, without a hundred mil, with a lot more work and on a lot smaller scale.

I love my life as it is right now and, as GirlyMan said: I wouldn't change a thing!
01-02-2012, 08:36 AM
(01-02-2012 07:40 AM)Zat Wrote:  I would finish my ongoing project of as total independence from the corporate bastards as possible. Finish the solar system and get off the grid (will next year anyway), insulate the house more, expand the greenhouse, have a full basement dug under the house (only crawl-space now) and add a wind turbine to my pwer-supply.

After that I would start a dog and cat rescue service in a big way.

When it is all done and I still have money and energy, I would start a private school to teach anyone how to think critically and independently. Would teach Math and Physics classes too, of course.

Beauty is, though, that I can do ALL of these, without a hundred mil, with a lot more work and on a lot smaller scale.

I love my life as it is right now and, as GirlyMan said: I wouldn't change a thing!

Well lookee who just gave away he's living among us Tongue
01-02-2012, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2012 08:54 AM by Zat.)
Winning big on the Lottery translates into gaining power over a lot of people to do a lot of work for you, without you doing/producing anything in return. There is no way around this.

You may make them do/give things for you, for your friends and family, or for total strangers.

You may try to make the people that you gained control over to help you make the world a better place or you may drown yourself into a gluttony of consumption (or any combination).

When you have control over a lot of money (therefore a lot of people), you have a lot of choices.

Use them wisely! Smile