NOTHING

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
01-02-2012, 10:52 AM
RE: What would you do...
[Image: lawrence-office-space.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like germanyt's post
01-02-2012, 11:34 AM
First, incorporate a non-profit organization with a board of directors (because i won't always be here), then claim the winnings in its name.
(Wonder if i can get David Suzuki to be our patron?)

Buy lots of adjacent acres - hardly a problem where i live, and the sellers will be thrilled to get their full asking price plus legal fees and moving cost (because property values have fallen recently) - and establish a self-sustaining community of retired people. We hire youngsters (full accommodation and a few luxuries; severance pay upon leaving; no money on site) to do the heavy lifting, while we also teach them various skills - notably in construction and horticulture, but also in whatever academic subjects, arts and crafts the residents have to share. (Entice Zat to give lectures in Physics? Ask an Ojibway elder to come and tell stories?)

Develop experimental methods of building with renewable and recycled material; have own sawmill and woodlot. Try out modes of forest, container, indoor and rooftop food production; water recycling and purification, non-destructive energy generation. Train instructors in the methods that look most promising. Then have classes - perhaps as a summer camp for middle-school students, and a two-week retreat for adults - in sustainable living.

Give a few dozen rescued horses and donkeys light work with kind treatment, take in unwanted dogs and cats to patrol the barns and frontiers....

Maybe i should put this in the dreams thread.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
01-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Buy a small island and create the first kitty nation. All cats would be welcome.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post
02-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Change my phone number.
Change my address.

Before you see the light, you must die!
Through the fear you're sold into the fraud
It's my obsession, to treat (g)od like an infection
[+] 2 users Like Unreal's post
02-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Realistically speaking, the first thing I would do is buy this car.

[Image: Ferrari-458-Italia-white-21.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
02-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Be careful where you park that!

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
02-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Immediately invest the money since taxes aren't due till next year. Guaranteed interest fund. Pay taxes on the interest and the million to offset the cost of initial tax. Sort of a bypass since you pay less taxes on cds and interest funds than capital gains and winnings. With what was leftover would invest some into guaranteed interest, buy a house outright with some, pay my parents and sisters debts off. I would then put the rest into dividend stocks depending on guaranteed interest gain vs dividend percentage gain and live off the interest and dividends, or keep playing the stock market. Probably would buy the Urraco I've wanted for so long too....
02-02-2012, 08:59 AM
(02-02-2012 08:54 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Immediately invest the money since taxes aren't due till next year. Guaranteed interest fund. Pay taxes on the interest and the million to offset the cost of initial tax. Sort of a bypass since you pay less taxes on cds and interest funds than capital gains and winnings. With what was leftover would invest some into guaranteed interest, buy a house outright with some, pay my parents and sisters debts off. I would then put the rest into dividend stocks depending on guaranteed interest gain vs dividend percentage gain and live off the interest and dividends, or keep playing the stock market. Probably would buy the Urraco I've wanted for so long too....

Whatever Samir.
[Image: 483168689_0e661f501d_z.jpg?zz=1]

I'd buy a ridiculous house, several ridiculous cars, divi up a large chunck among my family, and invest the rest and live off the interest. I'd also investigate several charitable organizations to decide where to donate money. I'm a big Habitat for Humanity fan.

-Mark Twain
02-02-2012, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 09:09 AM by Logisch.)
Hahaha love the picture.

But once you buy a ridiculous house and cars and the money is gone, what money will maintain them? Also... what money will you pay property tax with for the rest of your life?

There is a reason most lottery winners go broke within several years. I suppose I'm a bit analytical but I like to think technically, that's enough to retire off of, so how would I make it last? Dividends and guaranteed interest can be nice.