What would you do if god is proved to be existed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2010, 01:22 AM

What would you do if god is proved to be existed?
What would you do if god is proved by some way (Maybe he'll show his ugly face to us) to be existed?

I'd say - WE'RE DOOMED!
Would you start worshiping god?
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2010, 04:51 AM

RE: What would you do if god is proved to be existed?
No, I wouldn't start believing.

After reviewing the bible and its contents, seeing videos made on stories in the OT, and seeing what religion as a whole does to people, count me out.

I'd rather face whatever punishment this 'god' has for me for not believing all that time. The alternative doesn't sound any better.
02-06-2010, 05:55 AM
I wouldn't start "believing" in him. As usual, Terry Pratchett said it best:

"I don't hold with paddlin' with the occult," said Granny firmly. "Once you start paddlin' with the occult you start believing in spirits, and when you start believing in spirits you start believing in demons, and then before you know where you are you're believing in gods. And then you're in trouble."
"But all them things exist," said Nanny Ogg.
"That's no call to go around believing in them. It only encourages 'em."
- Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

Or, alternatively, once we have the evidence for God:

"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It's where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more."
- Terry Pratchett, Pyramids

I still wouldn't worship him, though. If he were the god of the Bible, I would probably actively resist him. If he were just a god of love, I would love and respect him as a man who dedicated his time to protecting us and sheltering us (even though he didn't protect us from everything), but I don't think anything makes a being truly deserving of worship.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2010, 07:57 AM

Nope, if its the god described in any religion I would call all his mistakes to his face and fight it if I could.

I hate dictators.
02-06-2010, 09:58 AM

The funny thing is that if he does exist, are you really going to be "a man" and go to hell (Assuming that the god in the bible is the god who would show himself to us)? That really doesn't make sense, because every animal need to do everything in its power to survive.

I would start doing what he wants, because if it does exist and I'll disobey him, I'll go to hell. And that's not a nice thought. ;o
02-06-2010, 11:21 AM

If it is proved that GOD is existed then I wish to the GOD for the happiness, politeness, health, wealth, love, prestige and so on for whole the world. But start from me first.
03-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Well, if he was proved beyond a doubt, then I would have to believe, anything else would be self-delusional. Would I worship him is another question. I’m not going to lie, if hell is real, it sounds like a place I would like to avoid. I’m not proud to say it, but in all honestly, fear would probably get to me, make me throw out my morals, and worship god. Of course I would a deep hatred and resentment for god in such a scenario, and no amount of fear equals love, so I might end up in hell anyway.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
03-06-2010, 01:13 PM

I know I recently used this Marcus Aurelius quote for another thread, but it sums up my feelings towards the question in the OP:

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid." - Marcus Aurelius
04-06-2010, 09:03 AM
If someone proved that a "god" existed, I wouldn't change my life one bit. I would continue trying to be as moral and beneficial to others around me as possible.
If someone proved that the god of the bible existed, and that there was eternal salvation/damnation, I would worship the biblical god as devoutly as I could.
04-06-2010, 11:43 AM

if god excist he wont blame himselve and show us his ugly face because he know that he did hundreads of faults...

but if he excist... and it is god, whos knowing everything he would just know that i dont believe in him and that im a evil sinner so it wouldnt chance anything if i change the site and start to believe in him..... i think i would just ignore him...

[im a german, please excuse my grammer and spelling mistakes]