What would you do if god is proved to be existed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2010, 11:47 AM
RE: What would you do if god is proved to be existed?
Welcome to the forums, Mr.ill-Natured-!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2010, 07:46 AM

Wait a second everyone.

We pride ourselves on being rational and capable of change.

If god proved himself to be real, then we are wrong. If we further ignore the existence of god then we are no better the church who does not change in the face of scientific evidence.

If god is real. Then I will worship him. The only reason I don't right now is because I don't believe he's real. By believing that god is God, it would be dumb to disobey.
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2010, 08:45 AM
(05-06-2010 07:46 AM)justacityboy Wrote:  Wait a second everyone.

We pride ourselves on being rational and capable of change.

Yes.

Quote:If god proved himself to be real, then we are wrong. If we further ignore the existence of god then we are no better the church who does not change in the face of scientific evidence.

No one said that they would deny that he was real if it was proven. Several people, however, said that they would not worship him, but there is a large difference between accepting his existence and worship.

Quote:If god is real. Then I will worship him. The only reason I don't right now is because I don't believe he's real. By believing that god is God, it would be dumb to disobey.

I wouldn't worship him. If he's the God of the Bible, replete with genocide, plagues, and curses unto the seventh generation, I would lead an active resistance against him. A monster like that isn't worthy of basic respect, let alone worship, and I would rather burn in Hell than pretend that I love him.
If, on the other hand, he is a God of love, who does his best to protect us, I would love and respect him, but not worship him. I really don't see any reason to: he's just the cosmic equivalent of the friendly next-door neighbor. And if he is a God of love, then he wouldn't send me to Hell simply because I put a thin line between "loving", which I can do, and "worship", which is something which I just can't do.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
05-06-2010, 02:19 PM

if hes the god of the bible the hell is the only way to die.
all souls in the hell will be destroyed by god when he thinks the time runs out for satan.

so if he would be proofed we even dont have to burn in hell forever~~
05-06-2010, 02:41 PM
By my very nature I am against any type of worshiping. I consider it humiliating and stupid. If god existed, whether it was the god of the Bible or another deity, I couldn't worship him sincerely (i.e. with all my heart), and I couldn't pretend to worship him either. Besides, I should have to 'get to know' him or her and decide whether I 'like' them or not. How could anyone love and submit to a deity who treats humanity like his 'ant farm' and cruelly punishes whomever happens to disobey him?

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2010, 08:47 AM

If this god was the almighty who can condemn me to eternal hell. I would worship him.

Why let your ego get in the way of your happiness? I just don't see the point of facing against your creator, what chance do you possibly have?

In the face of death, I think the majority of all will repent....or at least to be very honest I think I would.
06-06-2010, 09:03 AM
(06-06-2010 08:47 AM)justacityboy Wrote:  If this god was the almighty who can condemn me to eternal hell. I would worship him.

Could you honestly worship an entity that is cruel, petty and egotistical, and to whom the only purpose of people is to bring him praise? Because if your worshipping wasn't sincere you'd go to hell anyway, since god would know about it. This question goes to all those of you who answered 'Yes, I would worship him because I'm scared of hell'. Just think about it.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2010, 09:49 AM
(06-06-2010 08:47 AM)justacityboy Wrote:  Why let your ego get in the way of your happiness?

How could I live with myself if I worshiped a being which regularly killed humans? This isn't a matter of happiness. This is a matter of not being able to stomach the thought of kissing the feet of a mass-murderer like that.

Quote:I just don't see the point of facing against your creator, what chance do you possibly have?

None. That doesn't mean that I'll obey him, though. I would rather defy him and be punished than pretend to love him.

06-06-2010, 10:06 AM

I probably wouldn't. First off, I don't really bow or worship anybody or anything. Second, to allow millions of people to be killed by genocides and plagues... Yeah, I'd like his head above my fireplace, honestly.
06-06-2010, 11:51 AM

Well, if God is proven to be the creator, I would worship him no more than I worship the evolution, the Big Bang Theory, or science in general. If he is the explanation of our existence than I shall accept it, but not worship it. If this God is omniscient and ever-wise, than he should accept this point of view.

If he (or it, or she) is an angry jerk/mass murderer, I will not risk spending eternity in eternal damnation (if this really does exist; just because there is a god, doesn't mean the other facets or religion have to be true) over a philosophical difference.