What would you do if you were alone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2015, 09:56 PM
RE: What would you do if you were alone?
I would catch up on reading and try to survive while desperately trying to find a way to preserve as much digital information of books and art and stuff as possible and put it into a sealed...thing....somehow that will hopefully be able to preserve it long enough to where future somethings can recover it and save it somehow.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2015, 11:23 PM
(12-03-2015 08:38 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 08:24 AM)pablo Wrote:  I Am Legend, without the zombies.

Read the book if you haven't. As usual it puts the movie to shame. They're vanpires by the way. But I'm thinking along the lines of Earth Abides. I'm obsessed with this book!
Earth Abides is an excellent book. Much better than I Am Legend (A.K.A. The Last Man on Earth, A.K.A. The Omega Man).

Sapere aude
13-03-2015, 05:46 AM
(12-03-2015 09:56 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I would catch up on reading and try to survive while desperately trying to find a way to preserve as much digital information of books and art and stuff as possible and put it into a sealed...thing....somehow that will hopefully be able to preserve it long enough to where future somethings can recover it and save it somehow.

I'm impressed with the level of detail in your plan there.

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-03-2015, 06:02 AM
I would go to all the police stations and collect all the police dogs and form me a pack of them. The more, the better. Pick up some more guns there too. Then I would get some livestock as I don't like to eat processed foods. Get some simple to assemble greenhouses and a ton of seeds. Get a ton of batteries and flashlights and all kinds of camping gear. I could be self sufficient fairly easily.

Now I would live in luxury as long as I could, then revert to a simpler life, which doesn't bother me.

Once too old to take care of myself or have the dogs do it for me, I'd swallow some pills and that's the end.

I can do without people. I could not do without animals.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-03-2015, 06:05 AM
(12-03-2015 01:34 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I'd rather not live without power... So I'd be rounding up tanks of fuel and stabiliser, wiring up solar and wind farms... And I guess I'd find a suitable house and keep it well stocked, armoured, and insulated. I imagine that most animals would still fear the last human, so it would probably be a fairly safe life, beyond food poisonings and illness.

Rather than trying to store hydrocarbon fuels - go park on top of a hydroelectric damn.... Free electricity.......

You could have a heated pool - year round - even in cold winter zones....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-03-2015, 06:44 AM
I'd consider hitting up a hot spring in the Rockies and getting some geothermal going. Even without any kind of machinery involved, that's free heating at minimum.

Also, if internet were still somehow working, I'd update the world demographics pages on Wikipedia to show a 100% Atheist world population.

'Murican Canadian
13-03-2015, 06:52 AM
Pull up a chair and admire my handiwork.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
13-03-2015, 08:49 AM
(13-03-2015 06:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 01:34 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I'd rather not live without power... So I'd be rounding up tanks of fuel and stabiliser, wiring up solar and wind farms... And I guess I'd find a suitable house and keep it well stocked, armoured, and insulated. I imagine that most animals would still fear the last human, so it would probably be a fairly safe life, beyond food poisonings and illness.

Rather than trying to store hydrocarbon fuels - go park on top of a hydroelectric damn.... Free electricity.......

You could have a heated pool - year round - even in cold winter zones....

Ah, excellent. But what about transportation? That electric car battery Isnt going to hold charges forever.
13-03-2015, 09:08 AM
I'd track down a set of lock picks and learn how to use them. Next, I would locate a house with solar panels and a fire place to use as my base of operations. I suppose I would have to bury the bodies of the house's owners. Can't let a dead body stick around for long if you want to avoid disease. Then it would be time to stockpile food, water, batteries, wood, and other necessities. I'd plant a garden (with help from the books I'd take from the library) and learn how to can the fruits and vegetables I grow. Next, I'd follow Shadow Fox's plan and try to preserve what I can. When the internet goes out, I'm going to be a very sad person. However, I think I would be okay alone as long as I adopted some pets to keep me company.

I am still learning. --Michelangelo, age 87
13-03-2015, 09:53 AM
(13-03-2015 09:08 AM)ComradeBunny Wrote:  I'd track down a set of lock picks and learn how to use them. Next, I would locate a house with solar panels and a fire place to use as my base of operations. I suppose I would have to bury the bodies of the house's owners. Can't let a dead body stick around for long if you want to avoid disease. Then it would be time to stockpile food, water, batteries, wood, and other necessities. I'd plant a garden (with help from the books I'd take from the library) and learn how to can the fruits and vegetables I grow. Next, I'd follow Shadow Fox's plan and try to preserve what I can. When the internet goes out, I'm going to be a very sad person. However, I think I would be okay alone as long as I adopted some pets to keep me company.

All good ideas but why lock picks?